Geforce 760 GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey community!

At first I want to thank you guys and madames – this site is awesome and really helpful – and I hope it also will be with my actual problem / build. And I hope this is the right place for it... I wasn't that sure...

Nevertheless I bought all the components recommended at the buyer's guide:

- Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
- Intel 4790K (Devil's Canyon)
- Geforce 760 GTX (4 GB, Gigabyte)
- Ballistix 2x8 GB RAM
- (recommended) WLAN-Card
- Seagate 2 TB HDD

I assembled everything (except the second RAM), flashed the MoBo to F9 (the one supporting the core) and installed from the USB like the guide says with no problems. Then I tried several builds in Multibeast 6.3.1 regarding some Guides which can be found for the MoBo or the Graphics Card. I couldn't really find a guide for the core (I think it's simply too new?).
I changed my BIOS several times (depending on the guide) and re-installed like 15 times, but i always get Kernel Panics or I got stuck at the Apple Logo Screen after installation. Even tricks like "-v" "-x" "GraphicsEnabled=0" and all the other stuff didn't work.

Now I'm a little bit desperate because I'm sitting here with all that great hardware not being used... :confused:
I really hope this ruff descriptions can help in any way to understand and maybe help. I'd really like to write a Build if it's working... but now this seems far away ^^'

Many, many thanks in advance! And maybe sorry for the bad English... not native ;)

I'm sorry but I have a quick question for you. How did you flash your bios with an unsupported CPU. Did you first install a supported CPU, then flash the bios, and then installed the unsupported one? I was wondering because I'm planing on buying this exact CPU and a Z87 motherboard, but I don't want to buy two CPU's in order to upgrade to the Devils canyon CPU. Thanks for the help and I wish you the best on your build. Don't give up.

Thats in fact a very good question:
In all that joy buying I forgot about that flashing.

I neither had all these cores (and I think first updates have to be done with Windows 7 or something) I just gave the board to a computer store. They updated from F5 to F9 for round about 20 Euro (much cheaper than buying all these cores, I think)

Hope that "helps" :/

For now I got my system running! :D
I'll write a build on it when it's ready.

Short help at the moment for those interested:

BIOS
- vtd disable
- visualization disable
- EHCI enable
- XHCI Mode auto
- wake on LAN disable

Multibeast
- at first ONLY DSDT Free
- then restart (if you have that Boot_error view http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html)
- then Multibeast with these options

Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.8.1307
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.8.1307 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.8.1307 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop