Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> how does Universal-IFR-Extractor work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
drag the extracted
I need to extract a file with ifrextract and if I drag ifrextract into the terminal how do I extract another file as it is not an application?

I need to extract a file with ifrextract and if I drag ifrextract into the terminal how do I extract another file as it is not an application?
eh? you download the release that is in zip format

extract the zip if safari doesn't, then drag the extracted file to a terminal window

eh? you download the release that is in zip format

extract the zip if safari doesn't, then drag the extracted file to a terminal window
Hello actually I need to do this action: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/misc/msr-lock.html#turning-off-cfg-lock-manually "

Turning off CFG-Lock manually​

, but I'm stuck with Ifrextract. Because if I launch it with the terminal, what do I do with my File_DXE_driver_Setup_Setup.ffs file? if I drag it into the terminal afterwards, nothing happens... I don't understand the procedure?

Hello actually I need to do this action: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/misc/msr-lock.html#turning-off-cfg-lock-manually "

Turning off CFG-Lock manually​

, but I'm stuck with Ifrextract. Because if I launch it with the terminal, what do I do with my File_DXE_driver_Setup_Setup.ffs file? if I drag it into the terminal afterwards, nothing happens... I don't understand the procedure?
if there is no option in your bios to turn off CFGLock, there is this that may help:

or enable:
AppleCpuPmCfgLock
AppleXcpmCfgLock
in your config.plist

If all else fails, read the instructions :

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 13.03.18.png

As per the Read.me, it's a Rust utility :

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 13.07.06.png

oh lala all this is really too complicated for me... basically I have to follow the instructions because my opencore report tells me that I have to fix this...
not very complicated to:
enable:
AppleCpuPmCfgLock
AppleXcpmCfgLock
in your config.plist

not very complicated to:
enable:
AppleCpuPmCfgLock
AppleXcpmCfgLock
in your config.plist
well, I did as you told me ... I'll try. In fact I tried this manipulation because after having succeeded in installing Monterey, it turns out that the next day I turned on my machine which started but and remained blocked with the ^apple pizza which turns constantly just after having entered my password password..." I don't understand why everything crashed like that. I formatted and restarted the install but I hope it won't do this all the time. I need to have a machine stable If you have any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back