Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Y50 4K
CPU
i7-4720HQ
Graphics
Intel HD graphics 4600
So far, I got the i5 6500 and a GTX 960. I am planning on getting the H170 because it is what my cousin suggested as a cheap good motherboard (Got any better suggestions. Let me know! My price range for this is around 120). Since my CPU only supports ddr4 and ddr3L, I was planning on getting this ram stick.

As I have read (could be different now) no one knows yet if my CPU is going to be supported as goes for DDR4 since the new iMacs have ddr3. Is there any new news on those yet? I am planning on dual booting windows 10 and hackintosh el capitan.

Would be better to buy a dual channel 16 GB DDR4 ram kit. OS X works best when your ram
runs in dual channel mode. Will also be better for gaming in Windows, since you are posting here I'd
guess OS X will be primary. For that OS it is essential. DDR4 in quad channel mode really doesn't
make that much difference. 16GB will give you the optimal amount so you won't need to upgrade
anytime soon.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2982...ing-truth-about-their-performance.html?page=3

As of today, DDR4 is not the main problem preventing El Cap installation on this hardware.
Sata and USB are the main stumbling blocks. Still unable to install El Capitan on a 100 series
Skylake system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back