Gigabyte GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i3 8100
Graphics
UHD630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear all,

I'm figuring out which components to buy for a new to build system.

I have checked the customac mini build of June 2016 and wondering how the build with the i3 6100 stacks up against the current Mac Mini (cheapest model). Can the customac build outperform the macmini?

Currently I own a Macbook pro early 2011 which still runs OK-ish. Meaning my demands for the new system is not high but the system should keep up for a couple of more years. I assume the new customac mini will defeat the current Macbook Pro I have?

If I play a game which is very rare, then I would like to play civilization V or comparable games on the system.

Any thought for my build or is the current customac mini even aimed to high for my needs?

Thanks!

Dear all,

I'm figuring out which components to buy for a new to build system.

I have checked the customac mini build of June 2016 and wondering how the build with the i3 6100 stacks up against the current Mac Mini (cheapest model). Can the customac build outperform the macmini?

Currently I own a Macbook pro early 2011 which still runs OK-ish. Meaning my demands for the new system is not high but the system should keep up for a couple of more years. I assume the new customac mini will defeat the current Macbook Pro I have?

If I play a game which is very rare, then I would like to play civilization V or comparable games on the system.

Any thought for my build or is the current customac mini even aimed to high for my needs?

Thanks!

Just look at the specs (higher performance/better components highlighted):

Current Mac mini base model June 2016 CustoMac mini
CPU 1.4GHz Haswell Core i5 (dual-core) w/HD 5000 graphics 3.7GHz Skylake Core i3 (dual-core) w/HD 530 graphics
Memory 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM 8GB DDR4 2133 RAM
Storage 500GB 5400-rpm notebook HDD 250GB SSD (lower capacity, but MUCH faster)
Price $499 $468 (as of 7/12/2016)

As you can see, a (fairly) objective comparison shows that in ALL the basic measures the CustoMac mini outclasses the Mac mini. Benchmarks will show that it also outperforms it, by quite a large margin (I'll leave you to explore that on your own).

Just look at the specs (higher performance/better components highlighted):

Current Mac mini base model June 2016 CustoMac mini
CPU 1.4GHz Haswell Core i5 (dual-core) w/HD 5000 graphics 3.7GHz Skylake Core i3 (dual-core) w/HD 530 graphics
Memory 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM 8GB DDR4 2133 RAM
Storage 500GB 5400-rpm notebook HDD 250GB SSD (lower capacity, but MUCH faster)
Price $499 $468 (as of 7/12/2016)

As you can see, a (fairly) objective comparison shows that in ALL the basic measures the CustoMac mini outclasses the Mac mini. Benchmarks will show that it also outperforms it, by quite a large margin (I'll leave you to explore that on your own).

Great! Thanks for the comparison! That's basically all I would like to understand. From my point of view this topic can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back