Contribute
Register

How do you enable Audio on Gigabyte P55A-UD3 board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X 10.9.4 MacPro
CPU
3.07 Intel i3
Graphics
EVGA - 2GB GDDR5 Geforce GT 740 SC
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I first installed Snow Leopard onto the computer I had the option to move the volume slider up and down and it looked to of had volume, I just didn't have any speakers plugged in. Seems when I did the MultiBeast install and Combo Update I lost Audio if I ever had it and I lost on board LAN Ethernet.

Volume is now Grayed out and says No Output Devices Found. :?

Here's another post on this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3854

What revision is your mb? The rev1 and rev2 boards use different audio codecs.

ben dover said:
Here's another post on this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3854

What revision is your mb? The rev1 and rev2 boards use different audio codecs.

My board is a rev 1.0, I had audio when I first installed everything, including Graphics and Ethernet, after the Combo Update and running MultiBeast I lost everything and had to find the DSDT for my Motherboard, that brought back Graphics, then for Ethernet had to use that Reltek and that now works again. So it's just tackling sound now. :?

Hmmm, with the same board I have AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E and Legacy888HDA.kext in /E/E. That doesn't look right, but if I remove either one of them I lose audio. Go figure.

ben dover said:
Hmmm, with the same board I have AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E and Legacy888HDA.kext in /E/E. That doesn't look right, but if I remove either one of them I lose audio. Go figure.
Why do you think that doesn't look right?

That is what is needed for a Rev. 1.0 board to have sound.

ben dover said:
Well I tried this out by installing both from MultiBeast. Restarted the computer and now it stays on the Grey apple screen, then goes to the Blue screen and does nothing. Looks like another install of SL is in the works :/ I'll again try the Apple Rollback, if that doesn't work, I'm not sure what else to really do. I've been trying for 2 weeks now to get sound working with no luck. :(

Anthonyx82x said:
ben dover said:
Well I tried this out by installing both from MultiBeast. Restarted the computer and now it stays on the Grey apple screen, then goes to the Blue screen and does nothing. Looks like another install of SL is in the works :/ I'll again try the Apple Rollback, if that doesn't work, I'm not sure what else to really do. I've been trying for 2 weeks now to get sound working with no luck. :(
What Revision of the motherboard do you have?

Revision 2.0 uses the ALC892, not the ALC888?

MacMan said:
Anthonyx82x said:
ben dover said:
What Revision of the motherboard do you have?

Revision 2.0 uses the ALC892, not the ALC888?

I have the Rev 1.0 and I just reinstalled SL and did the Apple Rollback like you had said to do, but I still have no Audio after doing that. :?

Well after a few weeks of trying to get sound I finally have it working. I installed the VoodooHDA 0.2.2 and now my sound works. I now have to read up on how to run OS SL in 64.

MacMan said:
ben dover said:
Why do you think that doesn't look right?

That is what is needed for a Rev. 1.0 board to have sound.
My mistake. I was under the [wrong] impression one or the other was needed but not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back