Custom
CPU
i920
Graphics
ATI 5750
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Can anyone explain the process for dual booting Windows7/OSX on a single drive for my laptop?

If I install OSX first by creating a partition (GUID) for half the drive Windows 7 will not allow me to install on the second half. The installer says Windows 7 cannot be installed on a GPT drive.

If I install Windows first it uses a MBR setup and OSX will not install on a non GUID style partition.

Thanks
Eric

partitioning your drive correctly and formatting correctly are the keys to success,but windows MUST be installed first.

When i setup similar systems myself i also install after easy bcd a small utility called ireboot (freeware).This extra utility lets you reboot straight from the desktop into whatever
other operating systems you have installed in other partitions.And this utility lives in your taskbar in windows seven on the right hand side inside the little arrow that you can click on that shows you what is running.both of those small utilities belong together for the smoothest experience dual booting.. in my experience .. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back