Contribute
Register

How do I update to latest Chimera version in BOOTLOADER / NOT OSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

I want to update to the latest Chimera version but I can't because I cannot get into my OSX (Since I installed Mavericks it just keeps restarting, and I figured out maybe an update of chimera will help since I'm on version 2.0, and newest versions support Mavericks, which my version doesn't).

I want to be able to update it through the USB-flash drive or something. I can't reach OSX, how do I do this?

I have a similar problem. Can't seem to update via Multibeast 6. On boot I still get the old Chimera version showing. I am trying to install on RAID0.

I have a similar problem. Can't seem to update via Multibeast 6. On boot I still get the old Chimera version showing. I am trying to install on RAID0.
Installing on RAID requires additional manual steps.

I have a very similar problem too, although I currently have no chimera installed (I don't know where it went, I restarted my PC after it was working brilliantly with mavericks to find chimera was no longer installed, or maybe just not working), it just boots straight to my windows OS. Is there any way I can install the latest chimera via windows? As I deleted my unibeast as I thought I did not need it any longer...

How do I boot with Unibeast USB and than update Chimera, I can't get into OSX becasue the bootloader is old.

Use your UniBeast drive to boot and then you can update Chimera on the hard drive.

Hi, I am stuck in a Yosemite install and I'd like to update Chimera, but not sure how you mean to do this...Can it be done from the OSX Install menu using terminal commands? How are you suggesting to do it from the UniBeast drive.

Thanks.

FYI - I am not currently able to boot into Mavericks or Yosemite

Hi, I am stuck in a Yosemite install and I'd like to update Chimera, but not sure how you mean to do this...Can it be done from the OSX Install menu using terminal commands? How are you suggesting to do it from the UniBeast drive.

Thanks.

FYI - I am not currently able to boot into Mavericks or Yosemite

I to am awaiting an answer to this question.

Ditto. Installed Yosemite, ran the latest Multicast and updated Chimera, yet can only boot in via the USB in safe mode. If i leave it on it's own to boot from the HDD I get the mach kernel missing and then a screen after that that says Chimera 2.2.1 is installed. Not 4.0, which should have installed with Multibeast.

Is there a way to delete the old one or somehow force the new version?

Solved my own problem (and hopefully some of yours...). I ended up following the instructions on this page:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Which jogged my memory that I had followed those instructions a while ago to get my latest video card to work. I'm not much of a computer whiz, but my guess is that because I had fiddled with the EFI to get the video card to work it was somehow causing the system to not see the Chimera 4 that I was installing with Multibeast? Who knows. All I know is that those instructions did it for me and my machine is booting on it's own again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back