Contribute
Register

How do I update to Catalina now that Big Sur is out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to update from Mojave to Catalina but I can only find a combo installer which requires me to have already installed 10.15.
Where can I find the right installer?

Not having any trouble downloading from Apple. My Hack currently has the latest version of Mojave installed. I downloaded the latest combo update to Catalina but it will not update from the latest Mojave. It requires an older version of Catalina already be installed. I can find no link to the installer necessary to do the initial update to Catalina.

I can find no link to the installer necessary to do the initial update to Catalina.

These complete installers are all you need to do an in place upgrade to Catalina. Follow the video guide. The combo updates were never designed to update you to a newer macOS version than what you already have.
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2)
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G73)
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F2200)
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.4 (19E266)
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D2064)

Last edited:
Not having any trouble downloading from Apple. My Hack currently has the latest version of Mojave installed. I downloaded the latest combo update to Catalina but it will not update from the latest Mojave. It requires an older version of Catalina already be installed. I can find no link to the installer necessary to do the initial update to Catalina.
Of course not. The Catalina Combo Update is meant to be used on an older version of Catalina to update to a later version, and not to install Catalina from scratch.

The links listed by Feartech are the OS installers, which allow you to directly upgrade (from Mojave to Catalina for example), or to make a bootable USB stick to use for install on another Mac or hackintosh.

The links listed by Feartech are the OS installers
When I click on those links (Catalina or others) from my US location, here's what it says:

Screen Shot 15.jpg

When I click on those links (Catalina or others) from my US location, here's what it says:

View attachment 503403
A glitch or a potential problem? Those are the links that Apple supplies. If we can't download them from those links we need to let Apple know about it.

A glitch or a potential problem? Those are the links that Apple supplies. If we can't download them from those links we need to let Apple know about it.
It looks like they will still work for those on Mojave or newer that have the updated version of the MAS. For those on the older macOS versions gibMacOS is the best option to download the installers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back