Core i5 7500
Graphics
Intel HD630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Having had no success in getting dual displays working in Mojave with HD630 graphics I'm getting a Radeon RX560 card. Can anyone point me to a useful resource that might guide me through the process to get this up and running? I'm using Whatevergreen and Lilu at present with some framebuffer edits in an attempt to get my second display working. Thanks.

Having had no success in getting dual displays working in Mojave with HD630 graphics I'm getting a Radeon RX560 card. Can anyone point me to a useful resource that might guide me through the process to get this up and running? I'm using Whatevergreen and Lilu at present with some framebuffer edits in an attempt to get my second display working. Thanks.

it should be plug and play if you have lilu and WEG. Don't get the XFX 560 it has a bad bios. All other brands are OK.

it should be plug and play if you have lilu and WEG. Don't get the XFX 560 it has a bad bios. All other brands are OK.

Thanks. It's a Sapphire Pulse RX 560 with 4GB, so hopefully should work.

Thanks. It's a Sapphire Pulse RX 560 with 4GB, so hopefully should work.

That one will work very well. Just make sure your iGPU is enabled too and dGPU set as primary.

I have tried the following RX560s:
Pulse 4GB (works)
XFX 4GB (does not work, needs to be flashed to Pulse vBIOS)
ASUS 4GB (works)

So I installed the RX 560, plugged my Apple LED Cinema Display into the DP port (using a small miniDP > DP adapter cable, which works fine with when using internal HD630 graphics) and rebooted. The RX 560 appears to work fine, but after just a few minutes use I can see visual artifacts on-screen that get fairly rapidly worse until the whole machine locks up. If I use the internal graphics (with the RX 560 plugged in) all is well, and System Report identifies the card correctly (screenshot attached).

I can only assume that there's something not right with with my config that is making the RX 560 not work 'out of the box', so I've attached my config.plist file - if anyone is able to take a look and advise I would be most grateful.

Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 16.38.37.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 108
after just a few minutes use I can see visual artifacts on-screen that get fairly rapidly worse until the whole machine locks up.
View attachment 366368

Artifacts can be a sign of a defective card.

Also, you need to set your IGPU to be headless/connector-less.

Thanks for the quick reply. How do I set the iGPU to be connectorless?

Thanks for the quick reply. How do I set the iGPU to be connectorless?

Please post your config.plist.

Are you using Liu and WhateverGreen?

config.plist posted above. Latest versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts installed in L/E. Mobo BIOS updated, Mojave updated to 10.14.1.

config.plist posted above. Latest versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts installed in L/E. Mobo BIOS updated, Mojave updated to 10.14.1.

To set IGPU to headless:
Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 12.03.39 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back