Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
I'm told I need to remove EvOreboot.kext, My problem is simple, I dont know to remove it.

I installed El Capitan successfully, when i boot back up I get a kernel panic

image.jpg

Im just a noob and not sure how to remove it. Or where exactly from the clover boot screen. Ive tried on my own searching the proper commands etc, tried a bunch of things, but Im just Duh, been at this all day

so i need some help, thanks

I will check out your link.....

I saw a few people post the same issue in the Clover guide, and they were told to remove evoreboot.kext...... So Id like to try removing that, if you could tell me how ( the command and where to enter it)

Right, it's different depending on whether you're in single-user mode or the recovery partition.

You want to get your system drive mounted and then run
Code:
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/EvOreboot.kext
touch /System/Library/Extensions

If you're in single-user mode and follow the 2 commands it gives you to mount your system drive read-write, the commands should work as above, then run "reboot" to finish.

If you're in recovery mode you run Terminal from the Utilities menu. Then run "mount" and look for the entry named like your system drive. In my case it was mounted at /Volumes/MyDriveName. So then just prefix the /S/L/E in both commands about with /Volumes/MyDriveName: rm -rf /Volumes/MyDriveName/System/Library... and so on. When finished you can Quit terminal from the menu and then Restart from the apple menu.

In either case, on your next boot you should boot without caches (a spacebar option from the Clover menu) to be sure.

P.S. I'm not sure if that's a zero or an oh in EvOreboot.kext, so just make sure you get the name right. :)

YESSSSS!!!! This worked! However I had to just do it normal with caches. You have no idea how confused I was with you last reply but I figured it out lol Thanks you so much for the help

Now to finish the installation and discover what doesnt work. :crazy: Lol

EDIT: well that didnt take long, log on to my desk top and my keyboard and mouse dont work

Hi, how can you fix this bug?

I cant find the evOreboot.Kext in S/L/E :( but i have the same problem. Any idea how to delete the kext or fix this bug? ThaNks

Please put your specific motherboard model, CPU model, and GPU model in the system information area on the left and/or your signature. It's really hard to give good advice otherwise.

Please post a photo of your panic so we can make sure it's the same file causing the problem. (If you don't have EvOreboot.kext that suggests the panic might be elsewhere.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back