Contribute
Register

How do I know which to install with MultiBeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just installed Mac OS X Lion on my PC with UniBeast. How do I decide what components to install with MultiBeast? My hardware as follows:

ASUS H67M-PRO
Intel Core i3 2100
ATI HD5670

any other info required?

I'm not sure, but I think that you will have to find kexts manually. There is no dsdt for your motherboard.

You have to use the easybeast method in MB.

This will get you booting of the drive and not the USB drive.

After that you have to look up your board spec to see what type of audio chipset it has ex. ALC892 or ALC888 and then use the corresponding audio kext in MB.

Network kext: Lnx2mac

Graphics: Search gfx thread for someone who has a similar card like yours.

Here is the potential list in MB

EasyBeast Install
System Utilities

Reboot.

Actually I tried yesterday, EasyBeast + Some audio ones (1st 2 of Realtek/HD drivers I think). Originally, my graphics, network are working after that install everything went down, no network, low res graphics, etc. How can I revert?

Ok, I'll try that. I googled for the lnx2mac kext and found http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrt ... river.html

Its for ALC81XX? Mine is 892 will it work?

your audio is alc892, your ethernet is 8111e

to fix ethernet, install the driver from the link in your last post
to fix the graphics, add 'PCI ROOT Fix' from multibeast

Ok, if before MultiBeast is installed, only sound does not work, do I still install MultiBeast? Or just look for a sound kext? Is it for best performance or something (like if I want to play some games)?

After installing just Audio drivers & bootloader with MultiBeast, before restart everything works, sound etc. After restart, I get kernel panic, something about Intel CPU Management ...

What can I do now?

You have to check off NullCPUPowerManagement kext under Miscellaneous for that.

thanks jester. just to understand more. So that will disable power saving, so my PC will use more power? if it was a laptop, wont that be bad?

Then since now I'm stuck with kernel panic do i reinstall mac 1st?

what other options in multibeast do i need? After install, everything except sound works. So apart from sound, boot loader and null cpu, what do i need?

UPDATE

Also, how does installing Audio & Boot Loader, somehow cause this? B4 MultiBeast, only audio does not work. After multibeast b4 restart. Audio works well. After restart, problem starts

Well, if everything works after MB with the exception of sound. Search the forum for someone who has the same board as you and try their audio options if they provided it or ask them. You don't need NullCPU kext if you make sure the C-States and EIST are ENABLED in the BIOS.

Notes

Look up audio chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back