Contribute
Register

How do I install MAC OS on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it is working now?

Look let me re-explain all this while I was only on clover....Its working now, but the kext is manually patched and not vanilla, I removed the vanilla kext to check that the binary with 1 bit diff works or not...The only change I did to config .plist was the ig value.

My problem of clover not patching the vanilla kext, on the fly, with the same string still remains.

Look let me re-explain all this while I was only on clover....Its working now, but the kext is manually patched and not vanilla, I removed the vanilla kext to check that the binary with 1 bit diff works or not...The only change I did to config .plist was the ig value.

My problem of clover not patching the vanilla kext, on the fly, with the same string still remains.

The kext must not be in kernel cache then. Or something is wrong with your specification of the patch in config.plist (check Clover boot log to see if it recognizes the patch). Or you found a genuine bug in kext patching.

Make sure the kext you're trying to patch is installed to /S/L/E, repair permissions, then boot without cache, rebuild cache, then reboot again (with cache).

The kext must not be in kernel cache then.
How do I check this??

Or something is wrong with your specification of the patch in config.plist (check Clover boot log to see if it recognizes the patch).
Where is the Clover boot log?? Is it same which I sent you earlier??

Make sure the kext you're trying to patch is installed to /S/L/E, repair permissions, then boot without cache, rebuild cache, then reboot again (with cache).
I got it till repair permissions. How do I do the rest??

How do I check this??

Where is the Clover boot log?? Is it same which I sent you earlier??

You will find Clover boot log in /Library/Logs/CloverEFI. View from Console.app.

I got it till repair permissions. How do I do the rest??

Press space to get ability to boot without caches. Kext Wizard has option for rebuild cache.

Greetings Rehabman!!

Hope you are doing fine :)

I have a question. Its pretty much related to to the discussion we had earlier. I wanted to know when clover is patching on-the-fly is it patching a file called kernelcache (under /s/l/c/[]/startup) or some other file called .mkext.

Thanks

Greetings Rehabman!!

Hope you are doing fine :)

I have a question. Its pretty much related to to the discussion we had earlier. I wanted to know when clover is patching on-the-fly is it patching a file called kernelcache (under /s/l/c/[]/startup) or some other file called .mkext.

Thanks

It is /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

But Clover does not patch the file on disk. It patches it as it is loaded from disk.

*.mkext is not used with new versions of OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back