Contribute
Register

How do I install Linux Mint on my Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Q500A (Clover)
CPU
i5 3210M/HM76
Graphics
HD 4000/1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all!

I recently deleted my partitions and started from scratch and went back to El Capitan since Sierra does not works as smooth as I thought, so, got it installed and running. I have two partitions left, I want to install Windows 10 and Linux Mint, thing is, how do I install Linux Mint on Clover EFI?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all!

I recently deleted my partitions and started from scratch and went back to El Capitan since Sierra does not works as smooth as I thought, so, got it installed and running. I have two partitions left, I want to install Windows 10 and Linux Mint, thing is, how do I install Linux Mint on Clover EFI?

Thanks in advance!

Install in UEFI mode.
Setup custom entry (config.plist/GUI/Custom/Entries) for GRUBX64.efi

Install in UEFI mode.
Setup custom entry (config.plist/GUI/Custom/Entries) for GRUBX64.efi

Is there a guide explaining this and the entire Linux set up process? Is UEFI mode available when using a disk? Or does it has to be a usb drive?

Last edited:
Is there a guide explaining this and the entire Linux set up process?

Not that I know of. It is relatively obvious though...

Is UEFI mode available when using a disk?

I don't know what you mean by "using a disk".

Not that I know of. It is relatively obvious though...

I don't know what you mean by "using a disk".

DVD disk, I got my Linux distro on a DVD disk.

I tried installing it, but when formating to ext4 it does not wants to install, gives me error.

DVD disk, I got my Linux distro on a DVD disk.

I tried installing it, but when formating to ext4 it does not wants to install, gives me error.

I would use a USB... that way you know whether it is enabled for UEFI boot or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back