Contribute
Register

How do I hide or change the Chameleon boot loader theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Anyone know how i can remove or change the chameleon boot loader theme? basically I just want to see the apple logo, just like on a real mac..

Appreciate your help :)..

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that idea as long as I can hold a key down and get chameleon to show my other drive on odd occasions.

Two variations:

Add to Extra/com.apple.boot.plist

Key/String for Quiet Boot:
Code:
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>yes</string>

Key/String for No GUI:
Code:
<key>GUI</key>
<string>no</string>

You could also change the timeout. For example in:
Code:
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
you could change the 5 to 1 for shortest boot screen pause.

If you decide you don't like the result just remove the same code.

It Worked Great. I slowed down the time so I can select my OS. can I add A selection menu to boot up to so I can select my OS's instead of hitting a key to bring them up
Rob

boss351 said:
It Worked Great. I slowed down the time so I can select my OS. can I add A selection menu to boot up to so I can select my OS's instead of hitting a key to bring them up
Rob
change the timeout value to 0 or add a key

<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>yes</string>

Thanks, how bout taking it one step further. adding a password for each boot item.

boss351 said:
Thanks, how bout taking it one step further. adding a password for each boot item.
Do you mean when you select an icon for the OS to boot you want a password before it boots, or do you mean a password to get into the OS after it boots?

If the first, I don't think chameleon is set up to do anything like that.

the first one
Do you mean when you select an icon for the OS to boot you want a password before it boots,

Yamcha said:
Hi Guys,

Anyone know how i can remove or change the chameleon boot loader theme? basically I just want to see the apple logo, just like on a real mac..

Appreciate your help :)..
Add that into your boot.plist

• <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>yes</string>

Going Bald said:
boss351 said:
Rob
change the timeout value to 0 or add a key

<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>yes</string>

Ah, thanks heaps - I've been trying to find this for a while now. I have triple boot (OS X 10.6.6; Ubuntu 10.10; Windows 7) build here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14775

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back