Contribute
Register

How do I go to my new install to apply multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X58A-UD7 Rev.1-F7
CPU
Xeon W3680
Graphics
Sapphire RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi
I have a 2011 Mac Pro config with gigabyte mobo. When I create the Sierra USB, I see two icons at the end of Unibeast process; USB and EFI. USB has OS X install and an empty EFI backup folder. EFI icon has most of the installs. I moved EFI folders to USB and started a clean install. All works until when it restarts after Sierra install reboot. When I choose USB HDD from F12, it goes back to clover install!!!! I can't access my new install. When I let it boot without hot key, I see my fusion drive and USB for Sierra but it says kext could not be found, I tried -x , -v, without cache, no luck, same message press any key to return to main menu is all I get. I have disabled USB 3. Any ideas? Where am I going wrong? I'm following Sierra install steps

You should not have copied the EFI to the USB, rather just eject the EFI. The EFI is the first partition on the UniBeast created Installation USB thumb drive. Remake the installation USB thumb drive. When following the tonymacx86 Installation Guide, don't do anything more than what is outlined in the procedures.:thumbup:

You should not have copied the EFI to the USB, rather just eject the EFI. The EFI is the first partition on the UniBeast created Installation USB thumb drive. Remake the installation USB thumb drive. When following the tonymacx86 Installation Guide, don't do anything more than what is outlined in the procedures.:thumbup:

Hi Stork. Thank you for the feedback. I followed what you said and I still ended up back on clover after reboot!:banghead:. I'm currently wondering if it's my Fusion drive. I had created a fusion drive, 1TB HDD + 250GB SSD about two years ago. When I use disk utility, I see my Fusion drive which shows it's full (blue) but the sub folder I named MyFusion Drive, I did Erase and it cleared 1.23TBs. I wonder if I need to clean the main folder Fusion Drive. When I click on the main folder I only get Partition, Erase is disabled. Subfolder Erases nicely.....
Any ideas????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back