Contribute
Register

How do I get Chimera to load instead of Windows 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
EVGA Z77 FTW
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 670 x 2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How do I get Chimera to load instead of Windows 8? -edited

Hi. I have searched the forum but all the information is outdated. This is a fresh install of Mountain Lion and Windows 8 on the same HDD. This is the first time I have tried this since the MBR days. The drive is GUID. I installed the newest Chimera off of the newly released 5.3 MultiBeast. I set the OS X partition to active in Windows 8. Now Chimera starts to load (command line) and automatically and says boot 0: error.

I'm so confused!

I reinstalled Chimera but nothing changed. Not really sure how to approach this one. My other system uses 2 drives so no problem.

Hi. I have searched the forum but all the information is outdated. This is a fresh install of Mountain Lion and Windows 8 on the same HDD. This is the first time I have tried this since the MBR days. The drive is GUID. I installed the newest Chimera off of the newly released 5.3 MultiBeast. I set the OS X partition to active in Windows 8. Now Chimera starts to load (command line) and automatically and says boot 0: error.

I'm so confused!

I reinstalled Chimera but nothing changed. Not really sure how to approach this one. My other system uses 2 drives so no problem.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

FYI: You should change the active partition back to Windows. Windows likes it that way...

RehabMan himself! Thanks. Actually I just got done trying that guide. The menu shows up but now I can't boot OS X. Immediately after that guide, my installation stops booting at

Read HFS+ file: [blah blah blah/Startup/kernelcache] 4096 bytes
Read HFS+ file: [blah blah blah/Startup/kernelcache] 17462405 bytes

I just repaired disk and repair permissions but no luck.

RehabMan himself! Thanks. Actually I just got done trying that guide. The menu shows up but now I can't boot OS X. Iimmediately after that guide, my installation stops booting at

Read HFS+ file: [blah blah blah/Startup/kernelcache] 4096 bytes
Read HFS+ file: [blah blah blah/Startup/kernelcache] 17462405 bytes

I just repaired disk and repair permissions but no luck.

Maybe kernel cache is damaged. Try with "-f" (ignore caches)...

Resolved. Had to reinstall Chimera. Imagine that.

EDIT: That's what I thought, but no deal on that. Had to reinstall. ><

Thanks for the help RehabMan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back