Contribute
Register

How do I get 3 displays working with a Radeon XFX 6870?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not heard to much about the Diamond BVU195 HD much cheaper way togo, let me know if it works, I think the newer 6870 card don't need the Powered Active Display adapter as the older 5870's do, but I am not sure, however I do know that a ATI designed the 5870 to require the Powered Active adapters when in the 3 monitor setup. Just disappointed that I need to buy another one to get this setup working on a mac setup.

Let me know how it turns out.

Off topic reply! They're is apparently 2 of us in Montana!

And on to the topic, i think i have read somewhere that for the 6870 if you use either the 1 dvi or hdmi + both minidisplayports or 1 dvi, 1 hdmi, and 1 minidisplayport it should work fine assuming that your using a active displayport adaptor(s). I wish i had three screens to test it out.

Hi All,
While I was searching to see if I can use 4 monitors at once I found this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51740

After following Toleda's instruction I current have 4 monitors running, without the Accell B087B-006B UltraAV Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D Single-Link Active Adapter nor did I need the Diamond-BVU-195 USB-Display Adapter.

Currently
HD3000 - 1 DVI-D, 1 HDMI
HD6870 - 1 DVI-D, 1 MiniDiplayPort (Rocketfish)

Awesome stuff, thank you toleda, mmaenppa, Gordo74, Stork and the rest of the community for all you do.

Just wanted to follow-up with getting my Sapphire Ati 5870, to get all three monitors to work while graphicsenabler=yes,

SOLUTION,

DVI connected Monitor - 1 Active USB Powered display port adapter.

DVI connected Monitor - 1 Active USB Powered Display port adapter.

HDMI connected Monitor - 1 mini display port adapter to HDMI connector.

I bought two of these Accell Displayport to DVI Dual-Link Adapters. link below

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IS ... 00_s00_i00.

Yes, they are expensive $89.66 was the least expensive I could find.

But it's a solution that works.

P.S. I have 3 - 28" hanns-g monitors, FYI they are on sale for $239.99 till 5/21

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824254052

When I boot win7, I have 5760x1200 for under $900.00 and that includes the price of the adapters and cables... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back