Graphics
hd3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been lucky enough to have a near perfect in stall with Mavericks on a GA-Z87X-UD5H. I just have one major problem, I cannot seem to get the second NIC to be seen by the OS. One NIC works just fine, but I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get eh second NIC Running?

I want the 2nd NIC running so I can assign it to my Win7 install running on Parallels. I wish to isolate traffic for MAc from Windows as each access different networking services.

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff

I've tried this and I still only have one active NIC, any other work arounds?

This motherboard has 2 different ethernet controllers, an I210 on the jack closest to PS/2 port and supported my Mavericks out of box. The other port is an I217 and is supported by hnack ethernet. This is how I have my UD5H set up.

Thanks for the help, but when I installed the hnack, nothing changed for me. to woDo I need to go into the BIOS and make changes or is there another change I need to make in Mavericks to get it to work

THX
Jeff

I turned on the extra NIC in the BIOS, I somehow oying verlooked that. . . oops. I'm however getting an IP in the 169.x.x.x range so I'm still trying to get it a local IP

I have tried to get my I210 port to run but it only connects to a 169.x.x.x address even after I installed the 6.0.1 hnack driver. Manual assignment of IP address does not work. It says its got an IP address but the NIC is unusable.

I think its kinda weird how your I210 port is supported right out of the box and mine isn't. I Any other ideas on getting this NIC to work.

Jeff

-------------------------------------------------------------
I discovered that the kext I added to enable audio was causing the problems. I replaced my drive with a backup pre-Audio kext and both ethernet cards are working flawlessly.

THX

I have tried to get my I210 port to run but it only connects to a 169.x.x.x address even after I installed the 6.0.1 hnack driver. Manual assignment of IP address does not work. It says its got an IP address but the NIC is unusable.

I think its kinda weird how your I210 port is supported right out of the box and mine isn't. I Any other ideas on getting this NIC to work.

Jeff

-------------------------------------------------------------
I discovered that the kext I added to enable audio was causing the problems. I replaced my drive with a backup pre-Audio kext and both ethernet cards are working flawlessly.

THX

How did you end up fixing it? I am in the same boat. the I210 works perfectly but i cant seem to get the 1000e to connect.

I got mine to work by actually assigning it a manual IP address. The easiest way to configure the second NIC is to copy the settings from the working NIC.

Set the second NIC to use DHCP with manual address
I recommend using the next address available, i.e. if your I210 NIC is xxx.xxx.xxx.20, assign the second NIC to xxx.xxx.xxx.21. This makes it easier to find when you are troubleshooting.
- Go to Advanced options, and to the DNS tab
- Add the DNS entry of xxx.xxx.xxx.1
- Add the workgroup to the name of your workgroup if you have one on your network
- (Optional) Got to the Hardware tab and set it manually
- Re-start and you should have it working.
- You may need to reboot your Router/Cable modem

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back