Contribute
Register

How do I edit blued.plist to Automate Bluetooth Pairing over a Multi-Boot setup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H (F7)
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi People,

I have a Multi-Boot Hackintosh running 3 OSes on separate SSDs (Mavericks, El Capitan and Windows 10) but whenever i reboot/switch OS via the Clover menu, i have to re-pair my Apple Magic Trackpad.

Small price to pay but really annoying now as i use El Capitan a lot at the moment but switch to Mavericks (my main OS) for everything else.

I found a blog post courtesy of xythobuz.de that explains how you can solve this problem by retreiving your Trackpad's encryption key and use it across all OSes.

xythobuz post concentrates on sharing the same BT encryption key between Windows and OS X however I'm not bothered about sharing the key with Windows, I just want to share the same BT key between Mavericks and El Capitan to automate blutooth re-pairing.

With the Trackpad paired in El Capitan and later in Mavericks, i launched the Terminal and ran ;

sudo defaults read /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/blued.plist

This gave me the MAC address and encryption keys of each OS X SSD which i have now saved.

As bash script is not my area, i managed to locate blued.plist from Finder (showing hidden files to get there) with the intention of copying my Mavericks BT encryption key to El Capitan.

I was expecting to see the same encryption key info inside blued.plist as that output from the Terminal script mentioned above however blued.plist appears to hide the BT encryption keys and the MAC address info ?

I therefore do not know how to/where to copy my Mavericks BT key into blued.plist in El Capitan ?

Your help would be appreciated..

Update 09/10/2015 : I managed to successfully edit blued.plist in Mavericks and inserting the same BT Apple Trackpad encryption key values from El Capitan

It did not fix my bluetooth re-pairing problem :banghead:

Hi,

i have a dualboot setup with Windows 10 and OS X Yosemite on my hackintosh and i want to use my magic mouse with both systems without having to pair it every time i use the other system. Some time ago i had a similar setup with OS X Mavericks and Windows 7 and was able to edit the bluetooth key for Windows 7 in the registration editor.
I tried the same with Windows 10 with no success. The i had the idea to edit the key in OS X but i do not know how to edit the blued.plist.
Can you tell me how you were able to do this or do you have another idea how to solve this?

kind regards

ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back