Contribute
Register

How do I create a bootable installer from a pre-installed "Mavericks" off a Brand new MacBook Air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a New MacBook Air with pre installed "Mavericks". I was planning to construct a desktop system but haven't found a way to create the OS X UniBeast USB bootable installer from the pre-installed "Mavericks". Apple won't allow another download since the system came with it. I have built many PC based systems but OS X is a different animal. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a New MacBook Air with pre installed "Mavericks". I was planning to construct a desktop system but haven't found a way to create the OS X UniBeast USB bootable installer from the pre-installed "Mavericks". Apple won't allow another download since the system came with it. I have built many PC based systems but OS X is a different animal. Any help would be appreciated.

What version of Msvericks? It is possible to download a later version from the MAS and get the full install version rather than using the update combo.

Interesting! My install is Mavericks Ver 10.9.4 Build 13E28. I think that is the latest version.

Interesting! My install is Mavericks Ver 10.9.4 Build 13E28. I think that is the latest version.

If this is latest then you only have to wait until the next update. Or just wait for Yosemite.

Do you think "Yosemite" would be considerably more difficult to get operational than a mature "Mavericks"? I'm not looking for a Huge Challenge.

Do you think "Yosemite" would be considerably more difficult to get operational than a mature "Mavericks"? I'm not looking for a Huge Challenge.

No one knows. Yosemite is not in final release.

Fair enough. Just read that they are in final release of Mavericks 10.9.5 build 13F12 which is a later version than mine so I will wait for it. Thanks all for the information.

Fair enough. Just read that they are in final release of Mavericks 10.9.5 build 13F12 which is a later version than mine so I will wait for it. Thanks all for the information.

Again, no one knows. 10.9.5 has not been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back