i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys and gals, it certainly has been a while. I need some help adding an existing windows 7 hard drive to clover. I already have Windows 10 & El Capitan running smoothly in clover, but I have no idea how to add windows 7 to boot into clover. I'd rather not reinstall windows 7 as its been years since I've done so, I also do not know if it was installed as legacy or UEIF. The help is appreciated. Thank you in advance! I really want this triple boot to sun smooth.

Hi guys and gals, it certainly has been a while. I need some help adding an existing windows 7 hard drive to clover. I already have Windows 10 & El Capitan running smoothly in clover, but I have no idea how to add windows 7 to boot into clover. I'd rather not reinstall windows 7 as its been years since I've done so, I also do not know if it was installed as legacy or UEIF. The help is appreciated. Thank you in advance! I really want this triple boot to sun smooth.
if its UEFI all you would have to do is plug it in.

Go to Disk Management and choose the drive that has Windows 7 installed. If it has an EFI partition, then it is UEFI. Another Easy way to check is that is you installed Windows 7 using Rufus or did you do a standard install. If you did a standard install, it will most likely be MBR. If it is MBR, install clover as Legacy and then download Clover Configurator. Mount your EFI partition, using Clover Configurator and then click on the tiny little home icon on the bottom left corner and then choose your config.plist. After that, click on 'Boot' in the sidebar and under Legacy choose LegacyBiosDefault. A text box will slide in under that. In that text box type in the entry that your Windows 7 hard drive shows in clover. It should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back