Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So.... I was messing with my system/extensions when I was supposed to be in extra/extensions... or maybe when I was in multibrast earlier..... I don't know it was late andim very tired, so i get this kernel panic on boot now.... wat do?

Friday the 13th.... damnit

Attachments

• IMG_20110514_001646.jpg
    IMG_20110514_001646.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 117
Have you tried booting in safe mode? Boot flag -x

What items did you change when you were "messing with" your extensions in /S/L/E?

i was modifying my CSRbluetooth kext trying to get my generic csr bluetooth to use apple drivers instead of generic. i accidentally modified the one in s/l/e, not extra/library/extensions (there were lots of windows, i just got off work ect... sfe to say i should have waited untill my brain was fully functional) so i used time machine to fix, made the corrections and then went to reboot and thats where i am now. but that would just break bluetooth if i did it wrong, not the entire system. i tried booting in -s and everything looks good and then all of a sudden i get that screen after the white power button of kernel panic doom.

usually im really careful and i have been kicking myself all night for doing something as stupid as commiting changes before doing a double check.

if anyone can parse code better than I can ( most people) could someone at least confirm the gist of what this fail screen is telling me.
i could just re-install snow leopard 10.6.3, but I use a radeon 4980 which osx will cuss out if the kext hasnt been pre-patched. last time i installed i had to do so using my dell mini 10v hackintosh as a stepping stone so i could at least get into os x to make changes.
thank you for your help. the funny thing about hackintoshes is, in a weird way, the support is better than a real mac because the community has experience in dealing with various problems that come associated with such specialized builds.

Tried -x, immediate kp.
I would REALLY like to get all my personal data back though. If I re-install I should just be able to time machine that though....

Attachments

• IMG_20110514_100354.jpg
    IMG_20110514_100354.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 101
Have you tried booting with your iBoot disc? You should also try from iBoot with -x.

Sorry, I should've suggested this in my earlier post (to save time).

boot up computer with iboot cd in your cd rom . tap space bar at chameleon blue progress bar type -v -f -x should be able to get in and fix the problem..

i hope this helps you good luck...

I have tried all those things, but the problem was/ is something in OS X, not iboot i think. it was after iboot handed it over to osx. i have tried doing a new install and then migrate from time machine but that hasnt worked because whenever i try to use multibeast to get chimera onto the boot sector of the drive, i get a super-awesome Kernel Panic, and i have to use my install disk to wipe the drive, re-install... ect. i think the boot sector on this drive may be messed up at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back