Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have Mavericks up and running thanks to Tonymac and Crüe on GA-Z87N-WIFI, i7 4770k running at 3.9GHz, 16gb RAM 1866GHz. Everything seems to be working except for 4K and audio through HDMI, no wifi either which is expected. I must say I am noob at this which is why I haven't worked out the AUDIO through HDMI tutorial on here yet.
I have all this plugged into a LG 84" 4K tv and it only picks up 1080p through HDMI. It would be nice to see 4k come out of this puppy as it looked pretty amazing when running on Windows 7 ( swear word ) Any guidance is much appreciated.

I was able to get it to work by using switchresx, but it only every showed up as a DVI connection instead of HDMI for some reason. Either way, I don't think the hd4600 is really up to the task of pushing that many pixels. After getting fed up with screwing with the settings I bought an Accel Display Port to HDMI 1.4 active adapter off amazon and plugged it into my hd6850. This worked perfectly and didn't require any special configurations, and was smoother (in windows where the hd4600 did work at 4k).

I'd recommend getting a 7770 or something like that instead of dealing with the hd4600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back