Gigabyte GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, could someone check these for me?

Build: 3770k, Gigabyte UD5H board, Gigabyte GTX 770, Corsair 500R case. Corsair case fan controller on lowest setting.

Idle seems okay, CPU lingers around under 40ºC.

GPU stress using Unigine Haeven on Extreme mode seems okay, GPU lingers around 60ºC.

But CPU stress using CPUTest (primenet, 10 repetitions, 8 instances) gets quite hot, around 80ºC (think max was 84ºC).

Is anything dangerous here?

Idle.pngGPU load.pngCPU load.png

Yeah, so ideally my absolute max temp would be 80ºC? Only being hit occasionally.

The thing is I do a lot of rendering and video work, so I think I need to get a good cooler. Want to overclock too.

The thing I'm worried about is getting one that clears my high profile RAM http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-086-PA

Also, is there a way to have the case fans connected to the mono and rev up when needed automatically, like how the CPU fan does? I dislike the idea of having to remember to manually increase the fan speed using the controller on the Corsair 500R case, when doing demanding work.

Maybe consider a water cooler? That would help with the high RAM.

The high RAM with heatsinks is totally overrated. Regular RAM without heatsinks is also working great and high speed memory will not give you a big speed improvmend (maybe 1-2%).

A lot of slim tower cooler can work with high memory, twin tower cooler will not fit!

The Thermalright True Spirit 120 will work, because the cooler itself is a little bit set back. The 140 version can fit, but that might be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back