Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
CPU
Intel i7 2700K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was trying the hotpatch method to patch my system but for some reason i get gIOScreenLockstate 3 which i assume it has something to do with the IGPU drivers not loading up. I used Rehabman's HP files as a reference to build my own SSDTs.

Attachments

• STiX_Files.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
I was trying the hotpatch method to patch my system but for some reason i get gIOScreenLockstate 3 which i assume it has something to do with the IGPU drivers not loading up. I used Rehabman's HP files as a reference to build my own SSDTs.

Your SSDT-IGPU.aml is wrong. It has a duplicate definition for IMEI (IMEI is already in DSDT, via HECI->IMEI patch).
Also, config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType should be false, since you have the plugin-type=1 injection _DSM in SSDT-S50B.aml.

Your SSDT-IGPU.aml is wrong. It has a duplicate definition for IMEI (IMEI is already in DSDT, via HECI->IMEI patch).
Also, config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType should be false, since you have the plugin-type=1 injection _DSM in SSDT-S50B.aml.

So i made the changes you mentioned and i got IGPU driver to load but i saw a message afterwards about incompatible CPU, check the image below, and then i got a garbled screen and some text which was blinking. Even though i couldn't fix the garbled screen by closing the lid and opening it again, i suspect it's still the gIOScreenLockstate 3 error. Also i'm attaching the files again.

fWxE86D.jpg

Attachments

• debug_1325.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
So i made the changes you mentioned and i got IGPU driver to load but i saw a message afterwards about incompatible CPU, check the image below, and then i got a garbled screen and some text which was blinking. Even though i couldn't fix the garbled screen by closing the lid and opening it again, i suspect it's still the gIOScreenLockstate 3 error. Also i'm attaching the files again.

fWxE86D.jpg

For garbled screen, enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS.

For garbled screen, enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS.

i can't enable it without disabling UEFI. Also i can't get past the gIOScreenLockstate error

i can't enable it without disabling UEFI.

Double check the available settings.
UEFI without the CSM is rare as Win7 UEFI requires it.
Make sure backlight control is enabled.

Also i can't get past the gIOScreenLockstate error

Previous problem reporting files imply you can boot (ioreg included).
No "Problem Reporting" files attached (for the scenario you report here)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Double check the available settings.
UEFI without the CSM is rare as Win7 UEFI requires it.
Make sure backlight control is enabled.

Previous problem reporting files imply you can boot (ioreg included).
No "Problem Reporting" files attached (for the scenario you report here)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I can't post those files as i can't get in macOS to do so. That's why i included the clover folder with the hotpatch files (there are also the static files in clover which i can boot in macOS)

I can't post those files as i can't get in macOS to do so. That's why i included the clover folder with the hotpatch files (there are also the static files in clover which i can boot in macOS)

Experimental Clover setups should be done on USB.
Then there is no issue booting when you wish to put together problem reporting files.
I cannot comment on scenarios where the files used to produce the problem are not provided.

Transition from static patch to hotpatch should be done one step at a time (eliminate patch from static patch, add to hotpatch, repeat).

Experimental Clover setups should be done on USB.
Then there is no issue booting when you wish to put together problem reporting files.
I cannot comment on scenarios where the files used to produce the problem are not provided.

Transition from static patch to hotpatch should be done one step at a time (eliminate patch from static patch, add to hotpatch, repeat).

So after messing around with hotpatching and finding some files for reference i booted in macOS and i think everything is working but for some reason the Graphics Card under about mac is weird:

Code:
0x060026166c204844204772617068696373203535303000

I attached the files.

Attachments

• debug_11067.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 59
So after messing around with hotpatching and finding some files for reference i booted in macOS and i think everything is working but for some reason the Graphics Card under about mac is weird:

Code:
0x060026166c204844204772617068696373203535303000

I attached the files.

It is due to this code in IGPU._DSM:
Code:
            If (CondRefOf (\ZRSC.IGPU))
            {
                CreateDWordField (DerefOf (Index (Local0, 0x03)), Zero, IGPU)
                Store (\ZRSC.IGPU, IGPU)
            }

Local0[3] (Index(Local0,3)) is referring to the string for "model".
But the code is nonsense. \ZRSC.IGPU is intended to refer to the ig-platform-id, which is at index 1, not 3.

Note, you should really use Clover injection for ig-platform-id. It is much more convenient than any SSDT-IGPU mechanism and can be overridden/changed within the Clover GUI when necessary.
I use SSDT-IGPU in my guides as they handle multiple models with varying hardware... it is overkill for an individual with one laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back