Contribute
Register

Horrible Geekbench Score in Windows & Mac :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

So I'm having some issues, I successfully got Snow Leopard working but I'm getting horrible Geekbench score of 7654 (32-Bit), I get the same on Windows 7 64-Bit.. Anyone know what might be causing this problem? I've tried setting system to optimized defaults, no luck..

I've seen others getting over 10,000 with the same processor on stock, so I don't know whats going on..

Hope someone can help :p

Can anyone confirm if 7654 (32-Bit) is normal? I was looking through the geekbench result browser, but just realized that the processors are likely overclocked..

Looking at the Mac Benchmarks on Primate Labs
imo, your score is alright
I would imagine you will have to do a bit of overclocking to touch the 10k mark.

Thanks for reply, I managed to get 8600 (32-Bit) Marks by changing a few settings in the bios..

question should really be is there any reason you are running 64bit rather than 32bit :D

Using Geekbench 32-bit (64-bit doesn't appear to be free) I got;

- 8843 Snow Leopard
- 7820 Win 7

Same hardware except that SL uses an Intel 510 SSD (6Gbps) and Win 7 uses an OCZ Vertez 2 (3Gbps).

No overclocking was done, or is possible since I have the non-K CPU.

TooSixy said:
samisnake said:
question should really be is there any reason you are running 64bit rather than 32bit :D
Photoshop.

so... 1 thing?

your question doesnt really make sense then does it

Yamcha said:
Hi Guys,

So I'm having some issues, I successfully got Snow Leopard working but I'm getting horrible Geekbench score of 7654 (32-Bit), I get the same on Windows 7 64-Bit.. Anyone know what might be causing this problem? I've tried setting system to optimized defaults, no luck..

I've seen others getting over 10,000 with the same processor on stock, so I don't know whats going on..

Hope someone can help :p

What profile ur using? I've got about half of the actual score using wrong mac profile(Mac Mini) changing it to right one (iMac 11.1) solved the problem in SL 10.6.8..... ;)

Note: Setting it to an inappropiate one can break ur installation(KP)

All the best :thumbup:

Any reason you care about any Geekbench value? ;)

Erf, I have a score of 7714 with a Core i3 2125.
I do think there is a problem with your config...
Try 64 bits version :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back