Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
2x Xeon 5450
Graphics
GT 210
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Firstly, thanks to Breiti3000 for his constant help and suggestions over the last few days!!!

Let me start by saying I got OSX 10.6.7 installed via iboot Legacy-OSX-Multibeast and it appears stable and it is booting off the HD perfectly.

Here is what I did for it to finally work!

Prep:

1.Created unallocated Partition through Windows 7
2. Formatted unallocated space to HFS+ via Gparted (Free Download)

Install:

1. Loaded iboot legacy (iboot would not work)
2. F5 to resfresh with OSX Install disc
3. Launched install with the following flags:

PCIRoot=1 Cpus=1 Busratio=18 -x -v

4. Selected designated partition and enabled Journaling
5. Completed Install!

Reboot with iboot Legacy and then installed via Easybeast and a few extra settings.

Out of the box, I have working Audio, Keyboard and trackpad, video resolution stuck at 1024x768 and no ethernet or wifi. Will start on patches for those things, especially video res, but I just wanted you guys with the cursed Insyde Bios and HP G or DV series know I actually did it.

crazypillsmcgee said:
Firstly, thanks to Breiti3000 for his constant help and suggestions over the last few days!!!

Let me start by saying I got OSX 10.6.7 installed via iboot Legacy-OSX-Multibeast and it appears stable and it is booting off the HD perfectly.

Here is what I did for it to finally work!

Prep:

1.Created unallocated Partition through Windows 7
2. Formatted unallocated space to HFS+ via Gparted (Free Download)

Install:

1. Loaded iboot legacy (iboot would not work)
2. F5 to resfresh with OSX Install disc
3. Launched install with the following flags:

PCIRoot=1 Cpus=1 Busratio=18 -x -v

4. Selected designated partition and enabled Journaling
5. Completed Install!

Reboot with iboot Legacy and then installed via Easybeast and a few extra settings.

Out of the box, I have working Audio, Keyboard and trackpad, video resolution stuck at 1024x768 and no ethernet or wifi. Will start on patches for those things, especially video res, but I just wanted you guys with the cursed Insyde Bios and HP G or DV series know I actually did it.

Correction, it is not booting from HDD, I must have the iboot Legacy disc in for it to boot.

I also forgot to clarify I must use the flag PCIRoot each time I boot my OSX partition, even after install.

Any help on those points is appreciated.

Thanks

Glad to hear, that it is evolving and you are having fun :)

I would recommend to use multibeast for post-install issues, it would also copy the boot loader to disk, but be careful with the setting, it could - if wrongly used - also destroy a lot :)

As for the boot string, once the loader is on HD you coud edit and add strings to org.chameleon.boot.plist e.g.

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

breiti3000 said:
Glad to hear, that it is evolving and you are having fun :)

I would recommend to use multibeast for post-install issues, it would also copy the boot loader to disk, but be careful with the setting, it could - if wrongly used - also destroy a lot :)

As for the boot string, once the loader is on HD you coud edit and add strings to org.chameleon.boot.plist e.g.

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

The issue i am having is that even after using multibeast, I can' boot OSX without the iboot legacy disc. Any suggestions ?

Hmmmmm. If you would be working on two disks for your WIN and MAC install, you could simply change the boot order in your bios...

Could you check please, if on your mac partition you find an apple boot plist?!

If there please edit:

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(x,x)</string>

add this to apple.com.boot.plist in /extra (of wherever you installed chameleon) - (x,x) must refer to your system reserved partition

breiti3000 said:
Hmmmmm. If you would be working on two disks for your WIN and MAC install, you could simply change the boot order in your bios...

Could you check please, if on your mac partition you find an apple boot plist?!

If there please edit:

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(x,x)</string>

add this to apple.com.boot.plist in /extra (of wherever you installed chameleon) - (x,x) must refer to your system reserved partition

So I tried updating to 10.6.8 and it broke my OSX lol

After a lot of heavy reading on insanelymac and osx86 I have downloaded a patched kernel that promises to fix the problem

I have two questions:

1. Can I replace the mach_kernel with my new taptun_kernel (placed on desktop after initial install) even though I can't boot into -s to get to terminal ?

2. If not, can I re-install OSX 10.6.7 and replace the kernel before update ?

I guess I have three, sorry :)

Once I succesfully replace the kernel, do I need to leave the file on the desktop or can I delete it ? Do I move it somewhere ?

Further background info:

I have three primary partitions on the same internal drive:

1. Windows 7 System Drive NTFS
2. Windows Restore NTFS
3. MacOSXHD HFS+

Installed 10.6.7 via iboot legacy/OSX DVD/Multibeast. Would not boot from HD even when OSX 10.6.7 was working, required legacy disc after multibeast.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back