Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm running a Hackintosh on 10.6.6, vanilla install (I think installed with the lifehacker method from a while back). I can't get homesharing to my AppleTV 2 working. It works with Windows, so it's not a network problem.

I just installed Lnx2Mac's beta (.67) RealTek drivers for my NIC (8111D). My mobo is the X58-UD5. I don't think I've ever been able to get Bonjour services working on my computer - time machine backups to a Time Capsule and printer sharing never work, for example. Any thoughts? I'm really frustrated since I can't stream anything to my new AppleTV. The ATV is running the latest firmware and is *not* jailbroken if that matters.

torifile said:
I'm running a Hackintosh on 10.6.6, vanilla install (I think installed with the lifehacker method from a while back). I can't get homesharing to my AppleTV 2 working. It works with Windows, so it's not a network problem.

I just installed Lnx2Mac's beta (.67) RealTek drivers for my NIC (8111D). My mobo is the X58-UD5. I don't think I've ever been able to get Bonjour services working on my computer - time machine backups to a Time Capsule and printer sharing never work, for example. Any thoughts? I'm really frustrated since I can't stream anything to my new AppleTV. The ATV is running the latest firmware and is *not* jailbroken if that matters.

Try putting the interface on your hackintosh in promiscuous mode:

http://www.stanford.edu/~dub/macstuff/index.html

Incidentally, I had the same problem you're having with Bonjour services until I installed Lnx2Mac's drivers, then home sharing started to work. I've the Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 motherboard, not quite the same as yours obviously.

w6vms said:
torifile said:

Try putting the interface on your hackintosh in promiscuous mode:

http://www.stanford.edu/~dub/macstuff/index.html

Incidentally, I had the same problem you're having with Bonjour services until I installed Lnx2Mac's drivers, then home sharing started to work. I've the Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 motherboard, not quite the same as yours obviously.
That did it! Thank you so much. I can finally use my hackintosh with printopia, too. Seems like Bonjour was just borked until that little fix. You have no idea how much you've helped.

torifile said:
How do I get promiscuous mode to last through a reboot?

With a script...

w6vms said:
torifile said:
How do I get promiscuous mode to last through a reboot?

With a script...
That was probably as unhelpful as your post was helpful. You're still batting .500 in this thread, though. :) I figured it out. In one of the articles on enabling it, there was a .plist to restart the service in promiscuous mode at boot. Here is that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back