Contribute
Register

Home Studio Build advice for i7 3770k cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System make and model names > See Rules!
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
i need help to choose the best motherboard for my needs.
i will use this build to working on LOGIC and vice versa audio editing/mixing and mastering purposes and PureDATA for music programming.

i wonder what is the significant differences between UP5-TH and UD5H ?

there are about 90 $ differences beetween two where will i buy.

UD5H is about 235 $ + % 18 tax

UP5-TH is 329 $ + % 18 tax

i know there are two thunderbolt and some extra addons on UP5-TH but the main question is if UD5H is compatible as much as UP5-TH with OSx, LOGIC and etc. Studio Purposed usage?

i need help to choose the best motherboard for my needs.
i will use this build to working on LOGIC and vice versa audio editing/mixing and mastering purposes and PureDATA for music programming.

i wonder what is the significant differences between UP5-TH and UD5H ?

there are about 90 $ differences beetween two where will i buy.

UD5H is about 235 $ + % 18 tax

UP5-TH is 329 $ + % 18 tax

i know there are two thunderbolt and some extra addons on UP5-TH but the main question is if UD5H is compatible as much as UP5-TH with OSx, LOGIC and etc. Studio Purposed usage?

Other than the Thunderbolt connectors, the UD5H has more Sata connections, and has ultra durable 4. The UP5 TH has ultra durable 5, but i dont think this will make a difference...they are both VERY compatible, but the only reason you see the UD5H more commonly used is most people don't want to pay the extra cost for thunderbolt/don't need it(like me).

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH GA-Z77X-UD5H
Two Thunderbolt ports
Two mini-DisplayPorts (Thunderbolt)
Only one if DVI port occupied
One DisplayPort
2x Marvell SATA ports
(one is eSATA on rear)
4x Marvell SATA ports
(one is eSATA on rear)
Intel LAN port Intel and Atheros LAN ports
(both supported?)
FW400 on header FW400 on rear panel, plus header

I think that's about it for differences. No compatibility issues I'm aware of.

thx for the replies. i think i wont need thunderbolt ports in about two or three years because thunderbolt hardware is expensive and not so common in my country. and against USB3 there is not much difference. and articles i've read about the future of USB3, there wont be any difference between them in about 1 years.

plus if i would like to use thunderbolt later i can buy a PCI card for this and use it. i dont think it will cost about 90 $. look for the motherboard prices i have found which are the cheapest i can reach.

i only worry about compability and LOGIC usability. please inform me if anyone have build a Home Studio system with UD5H and use LOGIC with no issues. i've read lots of user builds and i havent find any LOGIC based information about UD5H. most issues about this board are USB ports, sleep and like some small issues and lots of users have solved most of them except f_USB issue.

Last

StickyS said "they are both VERY comaptible".

what is the meaning under VERY?

i've read lots of users have systems there is no differences with MACs am i wrong?

and there is some people have to use their own builds 'cause there is no apple MAC PRO release as powerful as which they have. they want it because they need more power.

Whatever

i dont want to make it longer.

I only want to use MacOSx for LOGIC and some other Studio Software plus PureDATA (audio programming) for educational purposes.

I'm at the Ph. D degree at Music Technology and Living in Turkey.

I'm a teacher (working about two years) and buying a Late 2012 MacBook Pro costs me about 3 months of my salary and i cant afford it once.

I will buy the parts and pay it for 12 moths with creditcard. ( this is my solution to be able to own a computer )

maybe I've added some unnecessary personal information but i thought if you know about my current situation, you can give the best information about my needs and guide me for the best budget/performance motherboard with the reasons and explanations.

thanks to everyone who will spare time to read and share their thoughts/knowledge from now.

Any update on this?? Wondering the same question.

havent replied by anyone but i have made a lot of search for this.

(maybe i wrote too much and people had scared :D )

whatever

if you buy UD5H you will make some budget thing. but be careful to buy UD5H rev 1.1. Its all ok board.

If you buy Up5TH you will have two thunderbolt ports (if you need or think you will need it for later purposes)
plus this you will lose only three things

1 atheros LAN
2 or 3 (I'm not sure) 6gb sata ports
and a backpanel firewire port (but still you can use firewire with UP5-TH with onboard connector) [so many users buy some firewire cards to use firewire. I thinks there's some issues with this firewire port which on UD5H)

And in my opinion these are not much important because i wont use more than 2 6 gb sata. 1 ssd and 1 hdd.
I dont need a second lan. if i will i can buy a pci card.

And whether it's not working now UP5-TH has wifi/bluettooth card

UP5-Th is Ultra durable 5 like Stickys's mentioned.

And the most important part is here

I've learned that UP5-Th's power phase design is better than UD5H's even though its 8 against 12.
You can find more information at

http://sinhardware.com/index.php/re...up5-th-review/160-gigabyte-z77x-up5-th-review

and

http://sinhardware.com/index.php/vrm-list

he explained it very well.

And at the last
for me its not the most important thing to have a system that reach top overclocking point.
its more important than anything else is stability plus durability.
and up5-th promise more than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back