Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello.

I'm new to the Hackintosh world. I would like to build my first Hackintosh.
I want to choose an mATX case, from BitFenix Phenom M and Cooler Master MCB-Q300L or other cases, but I don’t know which one is better, I hope to recommend. Thanks.

Hello.

I'm new to the Hackintosh world. I would like to build my first Hackintosh.
I want to choose an mATX case, from BitFenix Phenom M and Cooler Master MCB-Q300L or other cases, but I don’t know which one is better, I hope to recommend. Thanks.
How much desktop space do you have and do you need a cd/dvd-rw in the case?

Any particular reason for a mATX vs an ITX build?

I will use it for Cut video/office(some coding in c++ and python). Here is the build I'm planning:

- Asus TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING(xifi)
- Intel Core i5 9600K
- Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400 MHz, DDR4, DRAM 16 GB
- Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB
- Seagate 1TB
- Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB
- Cooler Master MWE550
- Corsair H60(Wate)

If you want a tower, I would suggest the Fractal Design Define Mini C. The downside of the Mini C is the lack of an optical bay. There are several options for mounting AIO rads and if you fing the H60 is not enough cooling you can go with the H100 instead and have room the mount the double fan rad.
If you prefer a cube, the Node 804 might suit you better. Downside of the Node 804 IMHO is the slot type optical drive - I prefer a tray type.

If you want a tower, I would suggest the Fractal Design Define Mini C. The downside of the Mini C is the lack of an optical bay. There are several options for mounting AIO rads and if you fing the H60 is not enough cooling you can go with the H100 instead and have room the mount the double fan rad.
If you prefer a cube, the Node 804 might suit you better. Downside of the Node 804 IMHO is the slot type optical drive - I prefer a tray type.
I'm using this FD Define Mini C, it looks very nice, but there's problem, the power module should be removed before I can take out harddisk bay if I want to install harddisks, even I'm using M.2 SSD as system volume and NAS to store data.

I'm using this FD Define Mini C, it looks very nice, but there's problem, the power module should be removed before I can take out harddisk bay if I want to install harddisks, even I'm using M.2 SSD as system volume and NAS to store data.
I do not see this problem - see page 8 of the manual. The HDD/SSD is attached to a tray that slides into the drive bay and locks into place from one side and the cables are connected from the other side. PSU is not interfering with this in any way and you do not have to take out the drive bay to install HDDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back