GA AMD RADEON HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello again!

I've just installed Mountain Lion in a new PC under a Samsung SSD, 840, the rest remains with the same configuration as before.

I've noticed that the temperature of the gigabyte radeon hd 6850 is 10º higher than in Windows, I've also noticed the noise of the fans, although they're not so noisy, it's a bit loud... in Windows there were about 40º-41º degrees in a normal status and with Mountain Lion it is 50º-51º-52º in a normal status... :S

Why is it getting hotter now??

Thank you.

Any idea??

I am trying different framebuffers...i have reinstalled mountain lion and i stilll have the same problem, i dont know what it can be. Any help u offer me can help me out.

Curiously i have the same problem with any linux distributions, i can understand it because the ati drivers are in beta version..

Maybe you should have a look here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/94018-10-8-3-amd-6870-hotter-than-10-8-2-a.html

I had a similar issue with my ATI 5870 with temps around 60 ºC in ML 10.8.3 and a fan which was really noisy. In ML 10.8.2 I had normal temps around 40 ºC. I have tried so much but finally a complete fresh install brought my temps lower - now between 41 ºC and 50 ºC. Additionally I installed the SMBIOS profile iMac 13,2 which was proposed in the thread above. So, the fan is a little mit louder in 10.8.3 than in 10.8.2 but I can live with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back