Contribute
Register

High Sierra wake problem (x79)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it seems it is not specific to some BIOS vendor, but more like dependant on certain chipsets and / or their CPUs. Since your machine seems to be C602 based, (and you are using a Sandy Bridge based CPU) it is not a big surprise - is my assumption is true - that you seem to be affected as well.

I did try the 10.13 beta 4 as suggested as a possible fix in the Apple linked thread but exact same effect for me as before.

I tried find a way to debug the wake process without any success, btw after days of researching i found a x79 system who can wake successfully on high sierra.

The motherboard is Huanan x79 and the patches for that motherboard is hosted on github (https://github.com/cheneyveron/clover-x79-e5-2670-gtx650)

Huanan m/b specs:

North bridge : Intel Sandy Bridge-EP IMC
South bridge: Intel Panther point B75/P75/Q75/H77 etc.; Intel Cougar Point C204/C206 etc.

Huanan motherboard use C204/C206 instead of C602 chipset. Is any way to find the differences between C204/C206 and C602?

Can anyone try connect boot hdd/ssd on secondary sata controller (ASMEDIA), disable intel sata and usb ports from bios and dsdt and try to sleep and wake? Maybe system fail when try to initialize sata and/or usb controller after wake due to dsdt wake definitions?

Last edited:
Just to inform you: I had full workings sleep until High Sierra...

spent a bunch of time today testing out the clover differences from that Chinese site but no joy at all. Also beta 6 doesnt help. One thing I did notice is that my mb will boot 10.13 with OsxAptioDrv3, which it will not do on 10.12, but thats all I've learned. sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back