I7 7700k
Graphics
Rx570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody,

I'm installing my first Hackintosh to use it with Mac os x Server.

I can boot on the installation partition but when i want to create my partition, my M.2 ssd samsung 850 evo isn't showing up in the list.

I do not have an other drive for the moment and i wanted to install High sierra because of the native support of M.2 SSDs.

My system :

Gigabyte Z270N-WIFI
I7 7700K
Ssd samsung 850 evo M.2

How shall i do the get this working properly ?

thanks a lot for your help

Last edited:
Forum Rules said:
  • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I found the solution, my SSD was recognized but not in the disk utilities, but i found it and formated it in the Terminal.

Here how to do it :

Start up on the High Sierra Install and go in the Terminal.

Type : Diskutil list

Normally you will find your M.2 SSD in the list but you haven't a Volume.

You have to create it with the Terminal using this command :

The command : diskutil eraseDisk {filesystem} {Name to use} /dev/{disk identifier}

I typed : diskutil eraseDisk apfs mac /dev/disk0

but i'm still stucked with OSinstall missing or damaged when i'm installing do someone have an idea ?

but i'm still stucked with OSinstall missing or damaged when i'm installing do someone have an idea ?
The missing or damaged OSinstall error is a classic error if you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (which emulates vram, necessary for some 10-series boards such as my board) in the booted clover during install. I created a USB stick to boot clover off of when doing installs (such as "phase 2" install from app store or doing a pure USB install) without this kext in CLOVER/EFI/drivers64uefi/. Try removing that file temporarily.

I don't remember if folks report getting past this error by temporarily disconnecting any Windows disks in your system, but that'd be something else to try.

I removed it but i still have the same message. the first one is firmware and if i use the usb key with EFI on it only to boot it says me OSintall missing or damaged

I tried a lot of things and i look on the web but nothing works...

Do someone have an idea how to pass this problem ?

You can find attached my config.plist

I created an APFS file system to install on it.

For info i have in my kext folder :

AppleALC.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 207
I find the way to pass this, i just needed to clean the NVram.

So just starting on the Installer, go in the Terminal and type "sudo nvram -c" restart, and reinstall completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back