Gigabyte H170N-WIFI
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
HD 530
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello helpers,
I am starting my first Hackintosh build and I ran into a wall. My profile shows my system ( i3 - 6100; Gigabyte H170N; HD 530; WD M.2 SATA SSD 500 GB). I have seen multiple threads with the same issue but none truly resolved with usable info. Basically, I am at the installation process where I'm booted on the USB. I choose my language, erase/format drive for macOS Extended( Journaled), and I try installing onto that partition. I'm at the screen where it shows it install about 2/3 "2 minutes" mark the system reboots. I try booting off the newly made partition with the macOS "installed" but it tells me...
macOS could not be installed on your computer.

An error occurred while loading the installer resources.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

Now I feel like this is happening because of the way I had to create the installer for install macOS high sierra.app following the guide when the install would only download a 19 MB app...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cted-mac-os-x-installer-is-incomplete.249330/
Posts in the discussion show other people having similar problems from using this method.

Bumping with video of my installation.
This is for information for help, not for the purpose of gaining views or moving traffic to a different site.

I'm having a similar issue. When I first boot macOS Install from Install macOS High Sierra, I get errors I'm not sure what to make of (sorry for the resolution/focus)
cTy9IBE.jpg

After the errors, I get into the macOS install screen, I formatted the drive/GUID partition. Then I start the install and it crashes around 80% and this is what I see after it crashes (this passes very quickly and then it reboots back into the clover menu)

kDP9AHS.jpg

So for the first image, I'll try to transcribe the errors from my terrible photo:
  • ThrottleInterval set to zero. You're not that important. Ignoring.
  • The TimeOut key is no longer respected. It never did anything anyway.
  • The HopefullyExistsLast key is no longer respected. Please remove it.
  • com.apple.pluginkit.pkd (lint): Service sets EnableTransactions=false and EnablePressureExit=true, which makes no sense. Enabling Transactions
  • com.apple.ReportCrash.Root (lint): DrainMessagesOnCrash is not yet implemented. If you rely on this key, please file a bug.
  • Could not read path: path = /Library/LaunchDaemons, error = 2: No such file or directory
  • Failed to bootstrap path: path = /Library/LaunchDaemons, error = 2: No such file or directory
  • assertion failed: 17G65: launchd + 207442 [uid]: 0x9
  • Could not read path: path = /Library/LaunchAgents, error = 2: No such file or directory
  • Failed to bootstrap path: path = /Library/LaunchAgents, error = 2: No such file or directory

I should note that I'm using EFI config files from a guide here and the github for the files is here because his build is quite similar to mine.

I tried using a different flash drive and it worked! My first time hackintoshing... I'm sure this is a common fix

I tried using a different flash drive and it worked! My first time hackintoshing... I'm sure this is a common fix
I’m having the same issue, so all you did was uses a different flash drive and everything worked? What type of flash drive? Specs: size, speed, brand etc...etc...?

Bumping with video of my installation.
This is for information for help, not for the purpose of gaining views or moving traffic to a different site.

hello did you solve this problem? I'm having the same problem. I tried vanilla mojave and high sierra. but I could not solve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back