Motherboard
Asus
CPU
4.01ghz Intel Core i7
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX580 8gb
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was using a Nvidia Geoforce FTX 960 2gb graphics card and after upgrading to High Sierra I was having loads of rendering issues, I even used the script to use the correct working driver.

So I took the plunge and went out today and paid £400 for a MSI Radeon RX 580 8gig graphics card.
The bruce test before took 80secs and with this new card is only 21 seconds so a massive improvement.

HOWEVER, I am still seeing the same issues with FCPX.
I am working on a 3 camera multicam edit and the playback is so slow and choppy.

I have checked that hardware acceleration is on.

Attached is my clover config file, can anyone help me.

I have set this up as IMAC 17.1 on the clover configurator.

I am running the following set up

Mac Os 10.3.3 - FCP 10.4
Skylake i7-6700K 4ghz
16gb ram
Radeon RX 580 8 GB

I just want FCPX to behave normally and not have serious issues when trying to edit footage, as the playback whilst editing is a nightmare.

I had this mac built for me, but I am okay at handling it and working with the edits in clover.

Please can someone help as I am already behind on my clients video and this is driving me mad.

If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks
Barry

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 135
@barryzimmo, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Have done this Brebo, not sure what my motherboard is though as I had this built for me and forgot the details. Will find out though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back