Contribute
Register

High Sierra - Maximus IV GENE Z (NO GEN 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Maximus iv GeneZ
CPU
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I have to thank everyone involved who put the High sierra guide (and the other guides) together in a way that was understandable for the most lay of mans. I also imagine every other Os would work in this manor for this board and CPU.

The Board in topic is a ROG Asus maximus iv GENE Z which was brought as an impulse buy on ebay along with an i7 2600k CPU. I had done weeks of research after I brought but was unable to get a definitive answer as to whether or not this combo would be hackintoshable.

I can now however safely say that High Sierra runs great on this combo. Following the instructions for High Sierra Guide using multibeast and unibeast and using legacy boot options I had everything up and running within a couple hours.

So just to clarify Anyone else that has this board ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE Z with a 2600K CPU and HD3000 Graphics can run osx. (Bold statement) :) , Havent got sound working but use a audio interface so not at all a problem.

Hope this isn't just a load of old tosh for anyone.
Finally a big Thanks to TonyMacx86 and everyone else who put this together you are all great!!

Freshcocoa,

Using the Legacy setting seem to work for me, the hard parts been done (loading the mac OS install drive) I think if you just check legacy boot this will load clover in legacy mode at its most basic, then get clover configurator and mess around with the config plist to achieve desired results, I think you may have to look around to get the graphics cards working from boot? Hope this has been of some help, if you need actual settings let me know and il have a look after work,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back