Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte EP43-s3l
CPU
Intel E8400
Graphics
Nvidia 9400 GT 1GB
Hi. I managed to boot High Sierra installer from a USB stick but two of my three disks are not initialized and thus not shown in disk utility.
I have an Adata SP580 SSD and a WD 7200 rpm HDD which are not detected, and a Maxtor 5400 rpm HDD which is detected. I successfully installed and booted into macOS on my Maxtor with the two disks still not being initialized. I then installed AppleAHCIPort.kext from Sierra with kext utility and finally got the disks detected. But I want to install macOS on my SSD so I then put the same kext in /kexts/other directory on the USB but no success. Also tested SATA-100 Series unsupported kext with no luck. I'm also using Sierra's config.plist for my flash. Why is it so?
I first thought it could be for the AFPS thing so I converted my SSD to AFPS but again nothing happened. I'm thinking about connecting the SSD externally and do the installation proccess. But why is it so? Should I install the kext on OS X base system? If yes, how can I do that? Or Is there any other way around? Any help would really be appreciated.

Last edited:
hi, I'm in the same situation, have you found a solution? thank you so much

hi, I'm in the same situation, have you found a solution? thank you so much

Hey dandi98. Samsung SSD EVO 850 will work like a charm. But I have not yet tested the ICH10 fix thing. I Will soon inform you about that.

Last edited:
The ICH10 Fix solution didn't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back