Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
RX580
Hi there,

I'm following the Unibeast High Sierra instructions on a fresh build. Followed HakaShaq Golden Build part-for-part.

When I attempt to install my OS in Clover, there's a progress bar and Apple logo on a black background. When the progress bar finishes my screen goes all white, no cursor and no spinning wheel at all.

I have nv_disable=1 already in Clover so I don't think it's a GPU issue. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have nv_disable=1 already in Clover so I don't think it's a GPU issue.
nv_disable=1 disables Nvidia graphics which according to your profile you do not have.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

@P1LGRIM Here's a screenshot of where its stopped.

Last edited:
Here's a screenshot of where its stopped.

Are you sure that it has stopped ?
Press the caps lock key and see if the light goes on/off, if the light state changes then it is still working.
I have seen builds seem to stall at this point for around an hour but still go on to complete.

Are you sure that it has stopped ?
Press the caps lock key and see if the light goes on/off, if the light state changes then it is still working.
I have seen builds seem to stall at this point for around an hour but still go on to complete.

It goes to:

kextd stall[0], (240s); 'AppleACPICPU'
kextd stall[1], (240s); 'AppleACPICPU'
kextd stall[2], (240s); 'AppleACPICPU'

For about 15-20 minutes, then goes to the white screen with nothing on it. BTW I'm hooked up to an HDMI on my GPU in case that could cause an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back