CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
XFX ATI Radeon 7970 3GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi to all,

here is brief history what I did, and what are results:

I have successfully used Hackintosh for few years on this computer configuration:

Motherboard Asus P8H61-M rev 2.0, processor Intel Celeron G2030, graphic card ATI Radeon 6570 1GB DDR3, and I have 2x4 GB RAM memory.

The latest macOS installed on my hackintosh was Sierra(on SATA HDD) and Windows 7 on SSD disk. Also, I was doing macOS updates directly from App Store and that somehow worked :) (I was testing my luck obviously)... When I decided to upgrade to Sierra High, I did update through the App Store as well, but things got broken.

So, I was like, okay, not a problem, lets make bootable USB and install Sierra High from scratch. Now that didn't work. I don't know if the new Clover is offender, but no matter what I try (efi or legacy boot mode) sooner or later, the installation breaks at some point.

I will show the example of what I see when I use legacy mode:

IMG_6790.jpg

After this, after a minute or so, the "installation" starts (I have verbose mode enabled, so I know it starts). Then, after like few minutes, I just get black screen, monitor power indicator starts blinking and that's it. Nothing happens.

Just to mention, that all my previous systems were installed using Legacy Boot Mode.

I have tried EFI Boot Mode too. The installation let me go a bit further, but it stops anyway. Once I have even reached the part where I have to format the hard disk, and installation continue a bit further from that. But, the result is same. Black screen.

Is this something already seen? Am I missing something ? Is it maybe Clover related issue ?

EDIT: I am using SATA HDD for installing Sierra High.

Last edited:
I am step closer... I found the issue. It is my graphic card... I removed it, and used integrated one, and all went good.

The thing is, everything looks awful with integrated video card, but at it works.

If I use my ATI Radeon mentioned above, the loading of a system fails. The monitor just goes black after some time. Hard disk keeps working.

Anyway, how to fix this? Launching system in verbose mode doesn't really helps, because I can't really see what the error is before monitor goes black (it just goes black suddenly).

@BreBo

Tried Lilu and it broke my current system, so I re-installed it. WhateverGreen.kext is what is left to try I guess.

Also, tried kexts from Sierra and it didn't work. I thought, because I didn't have any problems with this card on previous systems (Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks), that those kexts will work on Sierra High.

One question... What kexts should I install to use iGPU (currently, it the system shows it uses 7mb, but I have allocated 1024mb in BIOS) ?

And another question ... Maybe system definition that I choose is wrong and make these problems ? Previously, I was choosing Mac Pro 5,1 or 6,1... Now, I am choosing iMac 14,2...

Tried Lilu and it broke my current system, so I re-installed it. WhateverGreen.kext is what is left to try I guess.
Please note that you need both Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext
WhateverGreen.kext is a plugin kext and depends on Lilu.kext
One question... What kexts should I install to use iGPU (currently, it the system shows it uses 7mb, but I have allocated 1024mb in BIOS) ?
Your CPU is not natively supported, and the integrated Intel HD Graphics is not supported.
You need FakeCPUID in Clover and a dedicated GPU.

@BreBo

Hey, thanks for that info. I will try using FakeCPUID...As for dedicated graphic card... Well my Radeon doesn't really work :) So I am doomed. I can only buy another graphic card and hope it will work.

By the way, do you know by any chance, where I can find a list of processors supported by OSX Sierra High ?

Also, I was running Sierra with this processor ... Can't really remember if I used FakeCPUID or not, but it worked.

@BreBo

I have tried "rolling back drivers" from Sierra. By rolling back, I mean, I added them to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder found on my EFI partition (no luck with that though). Is that how it should be done ?

I have tried "rolling back drivers" from Sierra. By rolling back, I mean, I added them to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder found on my EFI partition (no luck with that though). Is that how it should be done ?
No, that will not work, you will need to replace the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back