Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I have just received the components for my first Custom Mac.
MB: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU: i7 8700k
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming G1 6GB

Has anyone of sucesfully installed High Sierra 10.13.3 on such a system with Nvidia driver?
(I have installed the latest Nvidia driver, released on 24.01.2018)

I have somehow just installed High Sierra 10.13.3 and Nvidia driver but there was no GPU acceleration even GPU was recognised correctly.

(Rest of the drivers were ok, ETH, USB, Sound ... )

During my fight with graphic acceleration something went wrong and now the system is not booting anymore, I am trying to do a fresh reinstall so far without any success.

Is there any guide (I did not find so far) how to do a successful install on such a system?
Do I need to install High Sierra without external GPU and use the internal Intel one, than later attach the external one and do the install?

Thanks in advance your help!

What did you do in order to succeed the installation? Im trying to install high Sierra on z370-hd3p with no success

That is my first custom Mac, so I have just searched to install different drivers step-by-step, unfortunately I cannot tell you what I did, but now I did a new install, so I can tell you what I have did.

- With Unibeast 8.1.0 I have created a USB installer (High Sierra 10.13.3).
- After the install was successfuly I used Multibeast High Sierra and installed only the network drivers, my MB has two LANs, LAN1 needs IntelMausiEthernet.kext and LAN2 needs AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.2.
- Than I wanted to get working the GPU driver, so I have the following Thread:
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)
And used this method:
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)
So I have installed the web driver -106.
SIP was enabled, and I have in /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi files, than in /CLOVER/kexts/Other I have copied Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. In config.plist files make sure that the Inject Intel is not enabled but the NvidiaWeb is enabled.
After the system was rebooted, and set the SIP to 0x67 and ig-platform-id is 0x59120003.

So currently the GPU working correctly, sound is available over DisplayPort, and both LAN connection is working.

I can keep this thread updated with the further success regarding my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back