Contribute
Register

High Sierra HP Probook 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any change requires new PR files. None attached.

Your old PR files were missing misc/preboot.log (you forgot to press F2). Please read the FAQ carefully.

Note: USBInjectAll.kext is not a requirement for your hardware for the installer. OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi may work better than AptioMemoryFix-64.efi on certain hardware. Also, you should check your BIOS settings. Make sure you're using a USB2 stick in the front right USB2 port.

OK i replaced AptioMemoryFix-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64, and deleted USBInjectAll.kext. Also I made the DropTables changes mentioned under "Note regarding CPU power management and SSDTs" because I couldn't think of anything else to do.

The good news is I got to the install screen, which is the first time that's happened. I didn't know if I should format the target drive as APFS, since it's an SSD it gets formatted anyway, right? It gets to a screen that says "macOS High Sierra will be installed" (see attached), then it very quickly says "5 minutes remaining" then it reaches the end of the progress bar after less than 5 minutes and shuts down.

I take it you don't need the error reporting files now, since this got to the install screen? I'm attaching the install log, which I exported from the Install screen
High Sierra Install.jpg

Attachments

• Installer Log 11-Nov-2018.txt
    36.9 KB · Views: 163
OK I've managed to get into High Sierra and now working on the post-install!

It's been a few years since I did this so I think I may have more questions

Thank you

OK i replaced AptioMemoryFix-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64, and deleted USBInjectAll.kext. Also I made the DropTables changes mentioned under "Note regarding CPU power management and SSDTs" because I couldn't think of anything else to do.

The good news is I got to the install screen, which is the first time that's happened. I didn't know if I should format the target drive as APFS, since it's an SSD it gets formatted anyway, right? It gets to a screen that says "macOS High Sierra will be installed" (see attached), then it very quickly says "5 minutes remaining" then it reaches the end of the progress bar after less than 5 minutes and shuts down.

I take it you don't need the error reporting files now, since this got to the install screen? I'm attaching the install log, which I exported from the Install screen
View attachment 364936

Your i3 probably did NOT need the alternate DropTables.

OK thanks for that. Is it doing any harm? I'm about to post a different thread about a graphics glitch

Your i3 probably did NOT need the alternate DropTables.

OK thanks for that. Is it doing any harm? I'm about to post a different thread about a graphics glitch

Using alternate DropTables will require you do other patching to DSDT (PNOT, etc).
Do not use it if you don't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back