CPU
i3-2350M
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This was posted earlier, and hopefully the error reporting is done correctly this time.

Here is the text originally from that post:

I had El Capitan running on my Probook 4530s (Intel Core i3 2nd Gen 2350M (2.30 GHz) Intel HD Graphics 3000 8GB RAM 1TB HDD No separate audio or GPU Wifi Atheros ppd-ar5b195-h) for quite a while with no problems and then the battery connector failed so I ordered another empty 4530s from eBay and transplanted my HDD, memory, Wifi card, and battery into it, thinking I would be able to boot up with no problem. Well it won't boot from the HDD but in the meantime I ordered an SSD and put it in the CD-ROM bay, thinking I would install High Sierra on the SSD.

I followed Rehabman's guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/) and when I put the thumb drive into the 4530s I get pages and pages of IOUSB errors, for about 20 minutes (see attached), then a white screen. I made a bootable USB on two separate computers and tried every USB port on the 4530s. I'm also able to boot Ubuntu live on any of the 4530s ports, leading me to believe that there's no problem with the MB or CPU.

Attached: a photo of the IOUSB errors, Patchmatic files, CLOVER.ZIP
IOUSBErrors.jpg

Attachments

• Patchmatic.zip
    58.2 KB · Views: 149
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 230
This was posted earlier, and hopefully the error reporting is done correctly this time.

Here is the text originally from that post:

I had El Capitan running on my Probook 4530s (Intel Core i3 2nd Gen 2350M (2.30 GHz) Intel HD Graphics 3000 8GB RAM 1TB HDD No separate audio or GPU Wifi Atheros ppd-ar5b195-h) for quite a while with no problems and then the battery connector failed so I ordered another empty 4530s from eBay and transplanted my HDD, memory, Wifi card, and battery into it, thinking I would be able to boot up with no problem. Well it won't boot from the HDD but in the meantime I ordered an SSD and put it in the CD-ROM bay, thinking I would install High Sierra on the SSD.

I followed Rehabman's guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/) and when I put the thumb drive into the 4530s I get pages and pages of IOUSB errors, for about 20 minutes (see attached), then a white screen. I made a bootable USB on two separate computers and tried every USB port on the 4530s. I'm also able to boot Ubuntu live on any of the 4530s ports, leading me to believe that there's no problem with the MB or CPU.

Attached: a photo of the IOUSB errors, Patchmatic files, CLOVER.ZIPView attachment 363612

The patchmatic output you provide implies you can boot, yet you show verbose boot photo as if you can't.
Which is it?

It doesn't boot. It gives me those IOUSB pages for about 20 minutes and then a white screen

The patchmatic output you provide implies you can boot, yet you show verbose boot photo as if you can't.
Which is it?

It doesn't boot. It gives me those IOUSB pages for about 20 minutes and then a white screen

If you can't boot, where did the patchmatic output come from?

Also I'm having some trouble understanding the boot sequence and my BIOS. Even when I select "Boot from USB" it loads the version of Clover that's already on my HDD (which won't boot the version of El Capitan that's on it).

There's a BIOS setting on the 4530s (see attached) that says "UEFI Boot Order" and only one Radio button underneath that says "OS Boot Manager." If I select this and then navigate to CLOVERX64.efi, I get the result attached ("error allocating..." etc).

Also, curiously, you can't de-select that UEFI Boot Order option without reverting to the default BIOS. I asked on the Discord channel and I don't have any idea what this means.

4530sBIOS.jpg
4530sBIOS.jpg
BootFromEFI.jpg

I followed your instructions here

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I don't pretend to know what it's doing. So the files indicate that it should boot to an install screen?

Also I'm having some trouble understanding the boot sequence and my BIOS. Even when I select "Boot from USB" it loads the version of Clover that's already on my HDD (which won't boot the version of El Capitan that's on it).

There's a BIOS setting on the 4530s (see attached) that says "UEFI Boot Order" and only one Radio button underneath that says "OS Boot Manager." If I select this and then navigate to CLOVERX64.efi, I get the result attached ("error allocating..." etc).

Also, curiously, you can't de-select that UEFI Boot Order option without reverting to the default BIOS. I asked on the Discord channel and I don't have any idea what this means.

View attachment 363792 View attachment 363792 View attachment 363793
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

From the Apple store. I tried two different versions of High Sierra, one downloaded from the machine I'm on right now, a Hackintosh Probook 4440s running El Capitan, and the other downloaded on my desktop Hackintosh. I also tried to install El Capitan from the original install file on this Probook 4440s. Here is the desktop:

CPU : Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core
Cooler : CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler
MOBO : Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151
GPU :
RAM : Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666
SSD : PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5"
HDD : Western Digital Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM
PSU : Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX
Case : Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case
WiFi + BT : Broadcom BCM94360CD Dual Band 1300Mbps 802.11AC PCI-E WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
Lighting :
Firewire: StarTech.com 3 Port 2b 1a 1394 PCI Express FireWire Card Adapter PEX1394B3
Keyboard :
Mouse :
Monitor : HP 27es 27" 7 ms (GTG) HDMI
DAC : MOTU 828mk3
Speakers : KRK RP5G2 Rokit G2 5In Powered Studio Monitor

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

From the Apple store. I tried two different versions of High Sierra, one downloaded from the machine I'm on right now, a Hackintosh Probook 4440s running El Capitan, and the other downloaded on my desktop Hackintosh. I also tried to install El Capitan from the original install file on this Probook 4440s. Here is the desktop:

CPU : Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core
Cooler : CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler
MOBO : Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151
GPU :
RAM : Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666
SSD : PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5"
HDD : Western Digital Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM
PSU : Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX
Case : Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case
WiFi + BT : Broadcom BCM94360CD Dual Band 1300Mbps 802.11AC PCI-E WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
Lighting :
Firewire: StarTech.com 3 Port 2b 1a 1394 PCI Express FireWire Card Adapter PEX1394B3
Keyboard :
Mouse :
Monitor : HP 27es 27" 7 ms (GTG) HDMI
DAC : MOTU 828mk3
Speakers : KRK RP5G2 Rokit G2 5In Powered Studio Monitor

Make sure you're booting UEFI to the USB as per ProBook guide.
Make sure BIOS is current, and BIOS settings are as per ProBook guide.

Make sure you're booting UEFI to the USB as per ProBook guide.
Make sure BIOS is current, and BIOS settings are as per ProBook guide.

Yes I'm booting UEFI. I've made like 5 of these things before, so I know the process. I know it's not an issue for you but the HP BIOS update utility simply doesn't work. Maybe it's outdated or something but it just asks if I want to format the USB and then quits. I'm talking to HP support but of course they have no idea, so if you have any idea how I might update the BIOS, I'd appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back