Contribute
Register

High Sierra - How to install boot loader after install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Multibeast isn't out yet for High Sierra, How can I install the boot loader on my SSD drive? (now I need to boot from USB)...

And I also need FakeSMC.kext? This is installed by kextwizard?
you can download clover and install that to your system

then install FakeSMC.kext to your system after

I rebooted the system on the SSD, got a blank screen with only clover options, and " Happy newyear" on top. No boot disks.....

Also i cannot boot from USB anymore....

I rebooted the system on the SSD, got a blank screen with only clover options, and " Happy newyear" on top. No boot disks.....

Also i cannot boot from USB anymore....
the link i sent above, did you do step 19?

the link i sent above, did you do step 19?
Yes I did the following steps;

18. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with one of the attached config.plist examples.
( replaced with the contents of config-sample-legacy.plist )

19. Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and add FakeSMC.kext

Or maybe I should not do step 19?

Currently I restore a backup.. So If you have a solution... I can test in a few moments.

Yes I did the following steps;

18. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with one of the attached config.plist examples.
( replaced with the contents of config-sample-legacy.plist )

19. Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and add FakeSMC.kext

Or maybe I should not do step 19?

Currently I restore a backup.. So If you have a solution... I can test in a few moments.
yes, you need apfs.efi if you are running apfs file system, maybe update the clover theme, seen some mention of that around here

yes, you need apfs.efi if you are running apfs file system, maybe update the clover theme, seen some mention of that around here

but could not boot, also not with USB when installed Clover on the SSD disk. booting takes forever.

Think have to wait for Multibeast for High Sierra. No options I see for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back