Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core
Graphics
EVGA GT 710 LP 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have HP 8300 SFF. I started with Sierra and was able to update via Apple's App Store to High Sierra. Unfortunately, my HP has Intel 2500 graphics which isn't supported. I couldn't get apps like Pixelmator to work.

I bought one of the suggested graphic boards. Here's my configuration:
  • Mobo: HP 8300 Q77 Express Chipset
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Storage: 500GB SATA
  • Graphics: EVGA GT 710 LP 2GB
Without the graphics board installed, the system boots; no troubles. The monitor is connected via the DisplayPort/HDMI.
With the graphics board installed, the boot process hangs. It gets to about 60% of the progress bar and then it displays a spinner.

I've attached a zipped version of the config.plist from the good boot (no graphics card). The image below is from the verbose boot with the graphics card installed. These two lines will continue in a loop: screen blanks and then comes back with the same two lines.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
IMG_1147.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 61
I have HP 8300 SFF. I started with Sierra and was able to update via Apple's App Store to High Sierra. Unfortunately, my HP has Intel 2500 graphics which isn't supported. I couldn't get apps like Pixelmator to work.

I bought one of the suggested graphic boards. Here's my configuration:
  • Mobo: HP 8300 Q77 Express Chipset
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Storage: 500GB SATA
  • Graphics: EVGA GT 710 LP 2GB
Without the graphics board installed, the system boots; no troubles. The monitor is connected via the DisplayPort/HDMI.
With the graphics board installed, the boot process hangs. It gets to about 60% of the progress bar and then it displays a spinner.

I've attached a zipped version of the config.plist from the good boot (no graphics card). The image below is from the verbose boot with the graphics card installed. These two lines will continue in a loop: screen blanks and then comes back with the same two lines.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
View attachment 292600

Without the graphics board installed, the system boots; no troubles.
  • In that scenario, boot to your High Sierra desktop.
  • From Desktop click "Apple" on top menu bar>"About This Mac > Overview"
  • Note under "MacOS HighSierra Version:10.13.x followed by the parenthesis containing ( the 6 alphanumeric characters).
  • Write down your "macOS HighSierra Version"
  • Go to https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/
  • Download the driver to match your macOSHighSierra noted earlier
  • Install the driver
  • Open your config.plsit in Clover Configurator as shown in the uploaded images with your and the corresponding edited versions.
  • Edit your config.plist as shown and then save that config.plist in your Clover.
  • Reboot and and enter BIOS and edit BIOS for PCIE Graphics and Disable entires for IGFX.
  • Shut Down and change Physical connections to PCIE Nvidia
  • Reboot and check and upload screen shots if problem occurs.
    • You might need additional kexts in CLOVER\kexst\Other like Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext if you find a black screen on reboot.
    • Make sure to delete the numbers folders like 10.6 ....10.13 if still present inside /CLOVER /kexts/
      • You need ONLY /Other that is properly stocked with the right needed kexts.

• please upload screen shots for problem boot.
*****Edited to add needed BIOS changes for change of Graphics card and physical graphic card connection with Shut Down.

Attachments

• 1.A. Graphics_Original.png
    1.A. Graphics_Original.png
    244.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 1.B.Graphics Edited.png
    1.B.Graphics Edited.png
    186.1 KB · Views: 365
  • 2.A your System Parameters .png
    2.A your System Parameters .png
    224.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 2.B System 2.BParameters edited for Nvidia after Webdriver install.png
    2.B System 2.BParameters edited for Nvidia after Webdriver install.png
    221.6 KB · Views: 296
  • 3.AboutThisMac_OverVvire _MacOS HighSierra Version.png
    3.AboutThisMac_OverVvire _MacOS HighSierra Version.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Any ideas?
You are using Nvidia graphics and yet you are injecting Intel in your config.plist :

710.png

This is wrong, for a GT 710 you should inject Nvidia not Intel.
Make sure that integrated graphics are disabled in your BIOS settings too.

• In that scenario, boot to your High Sierra desktop.
  • From Desktop click "Apple" on top menu bar>"About This Mac > Overview"
  • Note under "MacOS HighSierra Version:10.13.x followed by the parenthesis containing ( the 6 alphanumeric characters).
  • Write down your "macOS HighSierra Version"
  • Go to https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/
  • Download the driver to match your macOSHighSierra noted earlier
  • Install the driver
  • Open your config.plsit in Clover Configurator as shown in the uploaded images with your and the corresponding edited versions.
  • Edit your config.plist as shown and then save that config.plist in your Clover.
  • Reboot and and enter BIOS and edit BIOS for PCIE Graphics and Disable entires for IGFX.
  • Shut Down and change Physical connections to PCIE Nvidia
  • Reboot and check and upload screen shots if problem occurs.
    • You might need additional kexts in CLOVER\kexst\Other like Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext if you find a black screen on reboot.
    • Make sure to delete the numbers folders like 10.6 ....10.13 if still present inside /CLOVER /kexts/
      • You need ONLY /Other that is properly stocked with the right needed kexts.
  • please upload screen shots for problem boot.
*****Edited to add needed BIOS changes for change of Graphics card and physical graphic card connection with Shut Down.

I tried all of the above (there were no parenthesis following the version number). I downloaded the drivers for High Sierra and made the changes suggested to the config.plist file. I deleted all the numbered folders.

I also made that change suggested about injecting Nvidia vs Intel graphics.
The system still hangs with the IOConsoleUsers error.

So I thought I'd do a reinstall using the newly updated UniBeast and a fresh 10.13.1 download. I created a new boot USB; unfortunately, the boot hangs in exactly the same way: IOConsoleUsers....

I'll do some more searching. Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried all of the above (there were no parenthesis following the version number). I downloaded the drivers for High Sierra and made the changes suggested to the config.plist file. I deleted all the numbered folders.

I also made that change suggested about injecting Nvidia vs Intel graphics.
The system still hangs with the IOConsoleUsers error.

So I thought I'd do a reinstall using the newly updated UniBeast and a fresh 10.13.1 download. I created a new boot USB; unfortunately, the boot hangs in exactly the same way: IOConsoleUsers....

I'll do some more searching. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Your Boot Problem from whatever you have posted without any uploaded images to support and supplement the text used in the description, still points to a lack of Graphics Support to get to the Installation screen in the case of your newly created USB installer.
  • If the same thing happened with the System disk, it is once again from the Graphics card not being ENABLED or not having the Right kexts for High Sierra and/or lacking the correct configurations in the CLOVER or interference from an unsupported Intel HD Graphics card being "ENABLED" in BIOS or injected from CLOVER.
  • In summary, to my knowledge it can be from:
    • A badly made CLOVER and /or
    • A wrongly chosen BIOS options pertaining to the Video card that is connected to the Monitor.
  • To be more specific, please show us your CLOVER from USB installer, by uploading screen capture images of :
    • CLOVER/kexts/Other in CCV
    • /config.plist in CCV showing screen captures of the Menu:
      • ACPI/
      • Boot/
      • Device/
      • Gui/
      • Graphics/
      • Rt Variables/
      • SMBIOS/
      • System Parameters

• Your Boot Problem from whatever you have posted without any uploaded images to support and supplement the text used in the description, still points to a lack of Graphics Support to get to the Installation screen in the case of your newly created USB installer.
  • If the same thing happened with the System disk, it is once again from the Graphics card not being ENABLED or not having the Right kexts for High Sierra and/or lacking the correct configurations in the CLOVER or interference from an unsupported Intel HD Graphics card being "ENABLED" in BIOS or injected from CLOVER.
  • In summary, to my knowledge it can be from:
    • A badly made CLOVER and /or
    • A wrongly chosen BIOS options pertaining to the Video card that is connected to the Monitor.
  • To be more specific, please show us your CLOVER from USB installer, by uploading screen capture images of :
    • CLOVER/kexts/Other in CCV
    • /config.plist in CCV showing screen captures of the Menu:
      • ACPI/
      • Boot/
      • Device/
      • Gui/
      • Graphics/
      • Rt Variables/
      • SMBIOS/
      • System Parameters
It's working!

I went back reinstalled and followed the guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sily-affordable-customac.224812/#post-1526635

I used the new versions of Unibeast and Multibeast. I must have missed something before. The install went very smoothly.

Anyway, thanks to all for talking the time to answer my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back