MSI GTX 750 TI
Hi,

my setup:

Motherboard: ASUS H170 Pro
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600
GPU: MSI GTX 750 Ti
SMBIOS: iMac17,1
OSX: 10.13.2

I followed this guide and installed all kexts mentioned there: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-i5-6500-asus-h170-pro-gaming-gtx-1060-6gb.234601/

Problem: The hackintosh is in a reboot loop. There's no kernel panic.

What did I try?

• latest NVIDIA Web Driver
  • EmuVariableUefi-64
  • Install Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup via KextBeast
  • Install RC scripts on target volume
  • set nvda_drv=1
  • latest clover
  • shilooh's agdpfix
All but one lead to the same reboot loop. nvda_drv=1 leads to black screen after start, which should be handled by shilooh's agdpfix, but it does not.

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
@kaynow, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Would flashing another BIOS to the 750 Ti help?

Change SMBIOS to iMac14,2 and remove nvda_drv=1. Post results.

Thanks. The boot stops here:
IMG.JPG

Did you have the card installed before you installed the OS? In my experience, when running a discrete video card I need to remove it and do a fresh install the OS using the onboard GPU before putting the card back in. Install the OS with all updates, install the appropriate Nvidia web driver, reboot and put the card back in. Finally, after the Nvidia Web driver and the video card are installed, disable the onboard video to prevent a conflict when playing streaming video.

That's a Maxwell-based card so it shouldn't present any problems as far as getting it to work with the Nvidia Web drivers.
Yea, the card was installed while installing High Sierra. I simply set the iGPU first while installing it and switched to PCI later. I will give it a try.

No changes =/

@kaynow

Can you please attach "problem reporting" files. See the "Problem reporting" section at this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
(This is assuming you are able to boot without a GPU).

You might have a bad clover file. Make sure you have the correct Nvidia drivers set to "NVIDIA WEB DRIVER". Make sure in config.plist you DO NOT have "InjectNVIDIA" checked. (It is only for older cards.)

I also have a 750ti, working, so I have attached a working clover folder (zipped) if you would like to try that. WARNING: THIS IS ONLY for 10.13.2. If you are on an older software download the correct apfs.efi from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-update-current-and-past-apfs-efi-downloads.236103/
I would recommend just stealing the config.plist and kexts folders from this, to make sure you dont have problems with new or old versions of apfs.

On last thought, have you checked to make sure you have all BIOS setting correct? This was one of my problems when I was having troubles with my 750ti.

Happy hacking,
Trevor

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 280
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back