Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H
CPU
Intel i5 7600k
Graphics
GTX 1060 6GB
Hi,

I have a problem with my hackintosh (first build).

Components:
Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H
GTX 1060 6GB
Intel i5 7600k
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GQ
Corsair vengeance 8x2GB 2133mHz
Corsair 240GB SSD

Pretty frequently and seemingly arbitrary (using different applications etc.) the screen flips out then it just restarts.
Image included to display the problem.

I've tried with and without nVidia web driver activated (though without it activated many things flicker).
It did crash differently with it deactivated (everything just hang and I had to restart).

Anyone have any idea what could be the cause? Would it more likely be a hardware or software problem?
Am I missing some flags or kexts?
image1.jpeg

PS. It works great otherwise (fast and smooth etc.), but because of this I'm thinking of trying Windows for a while and see if similar symptoms arrise. DS.

Last edited:
@Arg0n, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Okay added them

I've tried with and without nVidia web driver activated (though without it activated many things flicker).
There is no native support for Pascal graphics so you have to use the web drivers.

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Update web drivers to ensure that you have the correct version.
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP completely - CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
Will need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6 - Install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts.
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext , LiluFriend and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

Potential Problems :
HDMI 2.0 is not supported - Use HDMI 1.4 (or lower)
If your graphics card has more than one output of the type that you are using then try another one.
Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

There is no native support for Pascal graphics so you have to use the web drivers.

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Update web drivers to ensure that you have the correct version.
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP completely - CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
Will need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6 - Install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts.
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext , LiluFriend and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

Potential Problems :
HDMI 2.0 is not supported - Use HDMI 1.4 (or lower)
If your graphics card has more than one output of the type that you are using then try another one.
Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

Integrated graphics are disabled.

What’s PEG?

DVI used.

I have booted with nv_disable=1 and latest web driver is installed and used. nv_disable not used anymore.

SIP is disabled i think, or maybe set to 0x3, but I’ve tested both.

NvidiaWeb is set to true (would not stay active arter restart otherwise)

EmuVariableUefi-64 is included. What’s RC scripts?

Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (added tonight) included
What does LiluFriend do?

The graphics IS working btw, even tried playing Thief and Diablo III on it. And it works fine.

Have set it to repeat 2 short movies nos for a couple of hours and it hasn’t crashed yet. Will check in the morning.

Could it have something to do with PhotoShop? Saw some errors in /var/log/system.log that pointed to some Adobe service (every like 5 seconds) which disappeared when turning PS off.

Still hasn’t crashed, which makes me believe it may be related to an application.

I did suspect it might have something to do with it going into sleep mode, but then it crashed right after startup when dragging a picture to PhotoShop.

Tested in geekbench btw, 15k CPU and 103k GPU, so i think my drivers are working.

I have exactly the same problem as Arg0n. I found a quick fix solution. By disconnecting the HDMI cable from the monitor and plugging it back in, the screen returns to normal until the next crash. To check whether the problem was with the HDMI cable or the monitor, I changed the monitor and used a DVI connection. The garbled screen problem still recurred. Again, it was "cured" by removing the DVI cable from the monitor. I now have a HDMI cable connection with a HDMI switch. Every time the garbled screen occurs, I just switch the the HDMI connection off and back on again and the screen is restored.

I don't know why this "solution" works but it does. It must be some problem with the Nvidia driver.

The set up of my Hackintosh is:

1 x Intel® Core i7-7700K, Prozessor

1 x GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming, Mainboard

1 x Crucial DIMM 32GB DDR4-2133 Kit, RAM

1 x GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC, Graphics card

1 x Samsung MZ-75E500B/EU 500 GB, Solid State Drive

High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B1003) with the latest Nvidia web drivers (10.26.6).

Does anyone have a good idea what is going on. Is it a faulty driver?

I have exactly the same problem as Arg0n. I found a quick fix solution. By disconnecting the HDMI cable from the monitor and plugging it back in, the screen returns to normal until the next crash. To check whether the problem was with the HDMI cable or the monitor, I changed the monitor and used a DVI connection. The garbled screen problem still recurred. Again, it was "cured" by removing the DVI cable from the monitor. I now have a HDMI cable connection with a HDMI switch. Every time the garbled screen occurs, I just switch the the HDMI connection off and back on again and the screen is restored.

I don't know why this "solution" works but it does. It must be some problem with the Nvidia driver.

The set up of my Hackintosh is:

1 x Intel® Core i7-7700K, Prozessor

1 x GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming, Mainboard

1 x Crucial DIMM 32GB DDR4-2133 Kit, RAM

1 x GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC, Graphics card

1 x Samsung MZ-75E500B/EU 500 GB, Solid State Drive

High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B1003) with the latest Nvidia web drivers (10.26.6).

Does anyone have a good idea what is going on. Is it a faulty driver?

Thanks for sharing this. Please let me know if you find any "real" solution :).

I will do the same!

I've got the same problem… Did anybody found a solution?

Not yet. Still hoping for an new update from NVIDIA to solve the problem. But I'm not even sure if they're aware of the problem, or if it's just hackintoshes that are affected by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back