Graphics
GeForce GTX 480 1536 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I failed previous times, can anyone suggest if there is any straight guide for GA-X58A-UD3R. I'll highly appreciate any help.

The thread (currently) right below this one is a thread for installing HS on your board (I assume the title has a typo, I don't think there is a GA-X58-UD3R): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-ga-x58-ud3r-legacy-bios.235683

From a quick perusal it appears that unibeast and multibeast support your board, install in legacy bios mode. I don't know about the 480.

If you get stuck post a specific problem. You can also start with Sierra, although Sierra is no longer available in the store. If you google for 'hackintosh sierra x58a' you'll find several posts including a ****** post on steps for Sierra and High Sierra, it does seem folks are running HS on the board. I do see something about not all SATA ports are supported. If a drive connected to a SATA port doesn't come up (e.g. in the installer UI), consider using the SATA ports on another chip.

I actually turned my x58a into a Synology NAS running the xpenology boot loader. Connect a couple drives up and you have a nice Plex server or whatever you want to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back