Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just performed a bare metal install of High Sierra on my Hackintosh, due to Windows 10 once again trashing my UEFI boot partition and blowing everything up. I have the strangest problem, though, audio will not work in Firefox Quantum (66.0.3 64-bit).

Audio works fine in Safari (YouTube, Soundcloud). Audio works fine in iTunes. Audio works fine in Cubase Pro 10. So I don't think the problem is my config.plist. It may be related to using a Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 via Firewire for my audio interface. Although I'm not sure why everything except Firefox would work.

I've searched on here, but the only relevant hits were for older version of Firefox and it was crashing out with onboard audio. It doesn't crash for me, YouTube videos play fine. Well, other than not having audio.

Anyone seen anything like this before? Any pointers on which direction to head? I don't want to give up Firefox, as I like the privacy features. But no audio just sucks.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Thanks for the pointer to the profile rule. Updated.

Quick update, problem still persists in OSX High Sierra. Exact same hardware, booted in to Windows 10, with Firefox having the exact same configuration as in OSX...audio works fine. Thinking this is something going on with OSX. Very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back