Gigabyte Aorus H370 Gaming WiFi
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 560 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
I was bought the parts for my Hackintosh and they were put together for me.

I have High Sierra 10.3.6 installed

I started with running Multibeast then went to Clover. Watching videos and reading (most of which do not mean anything to me) and the ‘monkey principle’ I have the system booting from the hard drive.

I have experimented with config.plist and gone through about 30 variations to see what happens.

With all config.plist files I get the following RANDOM errors when restarting or powering up. That is I can restart several times without a fault and not changing anything at all then suddenly get one of the following two independent errors before I get to the Clover boot screen. As they freeze the computer pressing the reset button on the computer normally solves them by rebooting with errors.

“Couldn’t allocate runtime area” or

“A Ethernet [IntelMausi]: Link down on en0
MACH Reboot”

I don’t know anything about Kext files or patches etc so haven’t included on purpose for although having read posts that might help I don’t know what is applicable to my system or not

Graphics?

I get a lot of flicker especially when I move the mouse in utube videos etc. It is not related to my internet connection as works fine with a standard Imac.

Bits of Google Chrome screen appear and disappear as I move the mouse but otherwise works. Safari is fine.

Also when I move an icon on the screen, then move the mouse over where the icon was it redraws it. Also colours-in the safari tabs just by moving the mouse over the tabs.

I attached a copy of my current config.plist that works except for the above. (I appreciate the default SMBIOS is 14,2 but 17,1 ‘seems’ better) and I also attach a screen grab of the Clover folder

I’d be grateful for advice on what changes I should make and why please. If I need to get files where do I get them?

Thanks

Attachments

• Szf config.plist
    12.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Clover folder 13-9-18.jpeg
    Clover folder 13-9-18.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 76
Does not require Buying Advice - Moved to Desktop Support.

I am still randomly getting

"Couldn't allocate runtime area" and therefore not booting.

It is the randomness that gets me why is it happy sometimes and isn't other times. Nothing changes in between and boot at 5am is always the same as set in Energy Saver preferences.

I press reset which usually does it but sometime needs 3 resets.

I searched and tried to find a solution so many times without success then stumbled upon a "solution".

In config.plist/Boot I had put Timeout (for Clover boot screen) as Zero. I changed that to 5 seconds then later 10 seconds to give me more time if necessary to choose a different boot drive. Since having Timeout now set to 10 seconds I have not got the error "Couldn't allocate runtime area" and computer not booting.

Still don't know the reason why but it 'solved' it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back