Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra
CPU
i7-9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Looking for some help from anyone if they have this card working in High Sierra. This card has always worked out of the box with updates and new OS releases in the past with nothing more than just selecting to "Inject Nvidia" in the clover config. I have a working Sierra install and I am trying to get this card to work on an spare SSD drive. I have also updated my BIOS to f16j as one recommendation was made in another post.

I have a clean install of High Sierra and can boot fine without the card installed and just using the Intel HD4000 graphics. Disabling the internal graphics and putting the 560 Ti back in and selecting "Inject Nvidia" with verbose mode all I get is the gIOScreenLockState 3 error.

Even though I have never had to use the NVidia web drivers before I have tried installing the .106 driver as posted here but still cannot get the card to work.

Does anyone have any other thoughts or if you have this card share your secret?

Thanks!

Dora

Last edited:
Have you tried enabling the onboard graphics just to see if that makes a difference, even though it might not make any sense to do so?

Actually I have and that has been hit or miss as to whether it panics and reboots or it boots and I just get the lockscreen error. Just frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back